Subject: [stir] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-passport-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 11:04:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited of the IETF.

        Title           : Persona Assertion Token
        Authors         : Chris Wendt
                          Jon Peterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-passport-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-02-21

Abstract:
   This document defines a token format for verifying with non-
   repudiation the sender of and authorization to send information
   related to the originator of personal communications.  A
   cryptographic signature is defined to protect the integrity of the
   information used to identify the originator of a personal
   communications session toward a terminating entity.  The
   cryptographic signature is defined with the intention that it can
   confidently verify the originating persona even when the signature is
   sent to the terminating party over a potentially unsecure channel.
   The Persona Assertion Token (PASSporT) is particularly useful for
   many personal communications applications over IP networks and other
   multi-hop interconnection scenarios where the originating and
   terminating parties may not have a direct trusted relationship.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/