Subject: [stir] Consensus Call Regarding Early Codepoint Allocation

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 15:20:16 -0400

The STIR Certificates document (draft-ietf-stir-certificates-07.txt)
calls for IANA to allocation four codepoints:

   o  TN Certificate Extension in the SMI Security for PKIX Certificate
      Extension registry: http://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers/
      smi-numbers.xhtml#smi-numbers-1.3.6.1.5.5.7.1

   o  TN-HVE OCSP extension in the SMI Security for PKIX Online
      Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) registry:
      http://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers/smi-numbers.xhtml#smi-
      numbers-1.3.6.1.5.5.7.48.1

   o  TNS by reference access descriptor in the SMI Security for PKIX
      Access Descriptor registry: http://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-
      numbers/smi-numbers.xhtml#smi-numbers-1.3.6.1.5.5.7.48

   o  The TN ASN.1 module in SMI Security for PKIX Module Identifier
      registry: http://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers/smi-
      numbers.xhtml#smi-numbers-1.3.6.1.5.5.7.0 

The document authors have requested that IANA perform an early
allocation of these codepoints.  Consensus of the STIR WG is needed
for the IESG to request early allocation.

Please let us know whether you support early codepoint allocation.

Thanks,
Russ

---

From: "DOLLY, MARTIN C" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 19:25:25 +0000

I support early code point allocation

Regards

Martin C Dolly
Lead Member of Technical Staff
Core & Government/Regulatory Standards 
AT&T
Cell: 609-903-3360
Email: [email-masked]

> On Jul 13, 2016, at 3:20 PM, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> stir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/stir

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 17:44:42 -0400

I do as well, but then again I requested them so I’m a little biased.

spt

> On Jul 13, 2016, at 15:25, DOLLY, MARTIN C <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Chris Wendt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 05:51:30 -0400

+1

> On Jul 14, 2016, at 5:44 PM, Sean Turner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>