Subject: [stir] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-certificates-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 13:52:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited of the IETF.

        Title           : Secure Telephone Identity Credentials: Certificates
        Authors         : Jon Peterson
                          Sean Turner
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-certificates-07.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   In order to prevent the impersonation of telephone numbers on the
   Internet, some kind of credential system needs to exist that
   cryptographically proves authority over telephone numbers.  This
   document describes the use of certificates in establishing authority
   over telephone numbers, as a component of a broader architecture for
   managing telephone numbers as identities in protocols like SIP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-certificates/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stir-certificates-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-certificates-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 17:16:38 -0400

This version incorporates the WG decision to support both RSA and ECDSA on verify.  I’d not included that in the previous version.  It seemed prudent to require that the same algorithm be used on OCSP responses and any CRL and the certificate being checked.

As I’m proposing to go all in on SHA-256 I missed the AKI/SKI use and added that in.

I also figured that instead of having certificate-related requirements scattered about the draft I’d included a point from s4 to where the requirements are but leave them in the other sections so you’ve got context for the requirement.

Oh and I made the LOA discussion it’s own section.

As before, comments welcome.  But, I think this one is ready for WGLC.

spt

> On Jul 08, 2016, at 16:52, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt