Subject: [stir] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-stir-certificates-15

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 23:30:32 -0800

Reviewer: Sheng Jiang
Review result: Has Nits

Hi, OPS-DIR, Authors,

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These comments
were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of the IETF
drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included in AD
reviews during the IESG review. Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This standard stack document describes the use of certificates in establishing
authority over telephone numbers, as a component of a broader architecture for
managing telephone numbers as identities in protocols like SIP. This document
is well written.  It is ready with minor nits.

Major issue: no.

Nits issue:

RFC 8017, RFC 8224 and RFC 8225 are NOT the registered downref.  They are
normative reference to Informational RFCs.

Regards,

Sheng

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 20:31:09 -0500

> On Nov 27, 2017, at 02:30, Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

RFCs 8224 and 8225 are standards track and will be published once this draft pops out of the queue.

RFC8017 obsoletes RFC 3447, which was what we referred to until after the original IETF LC. RFC 3447 was in the DOWNREF registry but was still called out in the original IETF LC for this draft.  Note that since we’re referring to RSASSA-PKCS1-v1_5 which was in RFC 3447 and didn’t change in RFC8017 I’m hoping that this is a non-issue.

spt

---

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:16:10 +0000

Hi, Sean,

Thanks for your reply. It makes sense to me.

Cheers,

Sheng

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Turner [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:31 AM
To: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-stir-certificates-15

> RFC 8017, RFC 8224 and RFC 8225 are NOT the registered downref.  They 
> are normative reference to Informational RFCs.

spt