Subject: [stir] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-passport-divert-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 08:09:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PASSporT Extension for Diverted Calls
        Author          : Jon Peterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-passport-divert-06.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   This document extends PASSporT, which is specified in RFC 8225 to
   convey cryptographically-signed information about the people involved
   in personal communications, to include an indication that a call has
   been diverted from its original destination to a new one.  This
   information can greatly improve the decisions made by verification
   services in call forwarding scenarios.  Also specified here is an
   encapsulation mechanism for nesting a PASSporT within another
   PASSporT that assists relying parties in some diversion scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport-divert/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-divert-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-divert-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-passport-divert-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 11:15:30 -0400

Thanks for the updates to this document.  It addresses all of my major and minor comments, but a few of the nits are not addressed.  I provide those again below.  As they are nits, I do think think they should prevent the document from moving forward to the IESG.  Please consider the nits to be early IETF Last Call comments.

Nits:

The document uses 'div' and "div".  It also used 'dest' and "dest".
Please pick one convention, and then use it throughout the document.

    The single quote version still appears in section headings.

The 'Updates' line in the title page header should list only the numbers
of the to-be-updated RFCs (if approved).

   It should be:  Updates: 8224 (if approved) 

Russ

> On Jul 8, 2019, at 11:09 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>