Subject: [storm] FW: Nomcom 2011-2012: Second Call for Nominations

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:05:42 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of NomCom Chair
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:06 PM
To: IETF Announcement list
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Nomcom 2011-2012: Second Call for Nominations 

Hi All,

We are halfway through the nomination period (it ends on October
2, 2011) and we need more nominees than we have received so
far. We appreciate the folks that have taken the time to nominate
people and those who have accepted so far. But the fact remains
that the number of nominations have been below average and the
acceptance rates of those nominated has also been low.

We need **YOUR** input and participation! We cannot properly
execute the task of selecting the best candidates for these
positions with so few nominations and acceptances. So, please
consider making nominations for the open positions, in particular
those for which we have so few nominations � it takes just a few
minutes of your time.  Right now, we just need the names/email
addresses.

Why do we need more nominations?  Well, even if you think a
willing incumbent is doing a very good job and should be
returned, his or her ability to serve again might be impacted by
unforeseen circumstances between now and March. NomCom needs to
consider multiple nominees to be prepared in the event one or
more candidates is unable to serve come next March and to ensure
we have chosen the best candidate.

There are several ways you can help the Nomcom

- You can nominate yourself.
- You can nominate someone you know whom you think would do a
  good job.

Don't worry about whether they might already be nominated. We
would much prefer to receive the same nomination several times
rather than miss a good person we should consider.

How to submit Nominations:
--------------------------

The list of positions we need to fill, and the provided Job
Descriptions, and forms for nominations, can be found in the call
for nominations at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/3049/

You can enter a nomination by going to the following URL: 

https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2011/nominate

You can also nominate someone by sending an email to
[email-masked] and giving us their name, email address and the
open position you are nominating them for. We will take care of
the rest.

If you are asked for a user name and password, use an existing
ietf login and password. If you need a login and password,
request one from the following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/

Open List:
----------

As you already know, NomCom 2011-2012 will follow the policy
for "Open Disclosure of Willing Nominees" described in RFC 5680.

Feedback Collection:
--------------------

The open list is currently available on the Nomcom page and the
entire community is invited to provide feedback on all nominees.
You can provide your comments on all willing nominees at the
following URL:

https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2011/input/

Suresh Krishnan
Chair, NomCom 2011-2012
[email-masked]
[email-masked]