Subject: [storm] RFC Editor Note for the consolidated iSCSI draft

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:43:51 -0500

As promised, here's the RFC Editor Note for the one remaining change needed in
the consolidated iSCSI draft.  This was found in resolving the concerns about
mapping of SCSI architecture concepts to iSCSI in the iSCSI new features (-sam-)
draft, and is consistent with the -05 version of that draft.

RFC Editor Note (for draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons-04):

In the I_T nexus paragraph in section 4.4.2, make the following change:

OLD
   iSCSI defines the I_T nexus identifier to be the
   tuple (iSCSI Initiator Name + 'i' + ISID, iSCSI Target Name + 't' + Portal
   Group Tag).
NEW
   iSCSI defines the I_T nexus identifier to be the
   tuple (iSCSI Initiator Name + ",i,0x" + ISID in text format, iSCSI Target
   Name + ",t,0x" + Portal Group Tag in text format) - an upper case hex prefix
   "0X" may alternatively be used in place of "0x".
END

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------