Subject: [storm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-storm-rddp-registries-00.txt> (IANA Registries for the RDDP (Remote Direct Data Placement) Protocols) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:41:57 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the STORage Maintenance WG (storm)
to consider the following document:
- 'IANA Registries for the RDDP (Remote Direct Data Placement) Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-storm-rddp-registries-00.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-12-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The original RFCs that specified the RDDP protocol suite did not
   create IANA registries for RDDP error codes, operation codes and
   function codes.  Extensions to the RDDP protocols now require
   these registries to be created.  This memo creates the RDDP
   registries, populates them with values defined in the original
   RDDP RFCs, and provides guidance to IANA for future assignment
   of code points within these registries.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-rddp-registries/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-rddp-registries/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.