Subject: [storm] RDDP registries draft: IETF Last Call results

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:50:34 -0500

Greetings,

I have good news to pass along ...

The RDDP registries draft, draft-ietf-storm-rddp-registries-00.txt has
completed IETF Last Call and has received *no* comments that I am aware of (!).
In addition, IANA has performed their review of the draft's instructions for
creating the new registries, and as a result of that review, a minor issue
has turned up that requires a -01 version of the draft (IANA's attention to
detail pays off again!).

There are two lines in the error registries that omit the error code because
each line applies to all possible error codes for the registered error type.
The -00 draft instructs IANA to leave the error code field blank in these two
lines; that doesn't work very well in the actual table format of the registry,
and hence the -01 draft will instruct IANA to use the string "ALL" in the error
code field for clarity in these two lines (and any future registration that
applies to all error codes for an error type).

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------