Subject: [straw] Revised Last Call: <draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-stun-05.txt> (Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Message Handling for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 14:18:14 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Sip Traversal Required for
Applications to Work WG (straw) to consider the following document:
- 'Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Message Handling for
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs)'
  <draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-stun-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-05-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

This document contains a normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 7092

Abstract

   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs)
   are often designed to be on the media path, rather than just
   intercepting signaling.  This means that B2BUAs often act on the
   media path leading to separate media legs that the B2BUA correlates
   and bridges together.  When acting on the media path, B2BUAs are
   likely to receive Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) packets
   as part of Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) processing.

   This document defines behavior for a B2BUA performing ICE processing.
   The goal of this draft is to ensure that B2BUAs properly handle STUN
   messages received as part of the ICE procedures used for NAT and
   Firewall traversal of multimedia sessions.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-stun/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-stun/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.