Subject: [Supa] comments to ddc use cases

From: "Dacheng Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 17:49:00 +0800

Dear authors: 

I tried to contribute some contents in the vpc user case of the document and
made some editorial changes. Please find the attachment.

I think the case 1 and case 3 can be combined into a single one since they
are both about the inter-dc connection.  In addition, I realize that there
is no discussion about intra-DC networks. Did you do this on purpose?

Thoughts? ^_^

Dacheng

---

From: "Jun Bi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 19:51:09 +0800

Hi Dacheng,

Many thanks for your contribution.

Could you please just copy your text in the email body, so that people could
start to discuss.

Best Regards,

Jun Bi

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Dacheng Zhang
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Supa] comments to ddc use cases

Dear authors: 

Thoughts? ^_^

Dacheng

---

From: "Dacheng Zhang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 19:58:49 +0800

Sure! I tried to revise the VPC use cases…

In practice, a public cloud operator can virtualize its cloud
   resources into different isolated private clouds and provided them
   for different tenants.  Such a virtualized private cloud is referred
   to as a VPC.  In a typical VPC provided by, e.g., Alibaba or Amazon,
   through the control portal, a tenant can establish and manage its
   network easily, for instance, deploying or removing virtualized
   network devices (e.g., virtualized routers and virtualized switches),
   adjusting network topologies, specifying packet forwarding policies,
   and deploying or un-deploying virtual services (e.g., load balancers,
   firewalls, databases, DNS, etc.).  The network functionalities that
   the tenant can accessed are virtualized and actually performed by the
  VMs located on the servers connected through physical or overlay
   networks.  Note that the servers may be located in different data
   centers which are geographically distributed.
 
   The manipulation of the virtualized VPC network may also affect the
   configuration of physical networks.  For instance, when a tenant
   newly deployes two VMs in its VPC which are located in different DCs,
   the VPC control mechanism may have to generate a VPN between two DCs
   for the internal VPC communciaiton.  Therefore, the control mechanism
   for a VPC should be able to adjust the underlying network when a
   tenant changes the network or service deployment of the virtual VPC
   network.
 
   In another example, a university, sometimes provides database
   services for VMs in certain VPCs.  The VMs and the database services
   could be located in different DCs, or even provided by different
   vendors.  VPNs are configured for the VPCs to provide connection to
   the internal services, and to create and manage VPNs to internal
   services.  The access of VMs to data resources should be controlled.
   For instance, the VMs in a VPC can access the database services only
   when the tennant has deployed database into its VPC through the
   control protal.

发件人:  Jun Bi <[email-masked]>
日期:  2015年5月6日 星期三 下午7:51
至:  dacheng de <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
抄送:  <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
主题:  Re: [Supa] comments to ddc use cases

Hi Dacheng,

 
Best Regards,
Jun Bi

Dear authors: 

Thoughts? ^_^

Dacheng
_______________________________________________ Supa mailing list
[email-masked] https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/supa