Subject: [Supa] supa charter 2015-05-29

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 15:16:21 +0200

Hi,

I got ask to revise the charter text. I received quite some input from
various sources but unfortunately the input often was not consistent.
One of the bigger obstacles that I felt is the apparent confusion
around the term 'policy'. So I did sit down in an attempt to rewrite
the charter text to make a clearer distinction between 'generic
policy' and 'embedded policy'. (Perhaps not great terms but hopefully
better than having no distinction at all.) I also tried to make the
charter text not longer, I actually made John's latest version a bit
shorter again. I added a framework document to the set of work items
since given the discussions we had, it seems this is needed.

I am sure I have not addressed all suggestions and I am also sure that
there is still text that can be unclear or mis-understood. I do very
much appreciate actionable comments. I am also fine with 'I liked
charter version XYZ way better than this one'.

/js

PS: I have uploaded all the charter text revisions to a web page in
    case someone is interested in the evolution of the text.

    http://cnds.eecs.jacobs-university.de/users/schoenw/supa/

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "Chongfeng Xie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 09:32:32 +0800

Hi，Juergen，

        It seems that lastest version is shorter but more focused, thank you for your efforts. Cheer!

Chongfeng Xie

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder
Date: 2015-05-29 21:16
To: supa
Subject: [Supa] supa charter 2015-05-29
Hi,

/js

_______________________________________________
Supa mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/supa

---

From: "Narasimha Rao Vadrevu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 23:57:31 -0700

Hi All,

I am Narasimha. I joined this group on the suggestion of Will Liu and I am working in ETSI IPv6 alongside Will and Tina.

I agree with many that the charter is getting clearer now and WIKI aligned things . 

To validate the YANG data model that comes out through the charter one use case (Inter and Intra VPN DDC) is enough, but since this charter mentions complex network how about relating one more nextgen end to end use case: An NFV NMS flow through controlling an aspect of a virtual CPE, no need to validate  with a YANG model though which makes this a behemoth.

Narasimha

www.von20.com

From: Supa [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Chongfeng Xie
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2015 6:33 PM
To: j.schoenwaelder; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Supa] supa charter 2015-05-29

Hi，Juergen，

 

  _____  

Chongfeng Xie

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Date: 2015-05-29 21:16

To: supa <mailto:[email-masked]> 

Hi,

/js

-- 

 

Supa mailing list

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>