Subject: [Supa] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-halpern-supa-generic-policy-data-model-00.txt

From: Joel Halpern <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 05:36:06 -0400

John and I have put together a YANG data model derived from teh generic 
information model.

Our apologies for the lack of explanatory text.  We know we need to 
explain the structuring we used.  We felt it was more important to make 
sure we got the YANG proposal to the working group in time for 
discussion before the meeting.

Due to this, please assume that the explanations of all of the items 
would reflect the explanations in the information model, and use those 
explanations to understand these YANG groupings and containers.

Two pieces of structural explanation:
groupings with uses, and identities with based, are used to reflect 
inheritance from the information model.
Containers of lists which use a grouping are used to contain instances 
of any classes from the information model which are to be concrete.

We will add the other necessary items, including a tree diagram.

Please, review and comment,
Thank you,
Joel Halpern (and John Strassner)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-halpern-supa-generic-policy-data-model-00.txt
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 14:47:29 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

         Title           : Generic Policy Data Model for Simplified Use 
of Policy Abstractions (SUPA)
         Authors         : Joel Halpern
                           John Strassner
	Filename        : draft-halpern-supa-generic-policy-data-model-00.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2016-03-21

Abstract:
    This document defines two YANG policy data models. The first is a
    generic policy model that is meant to be extended on an application-
    specific basis. The second is an exemplary extension of the first
    generic policy model, and defines rules as event-condition-action
    policies. Both models are independent of the level of abstraction of
    the content and meaning of a policy.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 11:49:40 +0200

Hi Joel,

It seems that the YANG model is broken. At least, we can't extract it 
from the draft.

xym.py draft-halpern-supa-generic-policy-data-model-00bis.txt
ERROR: 'draft-halpern-supa-generic-policy-data-model-00bis.txt', <End of 
File> - EOF encountered while parsing the model
No models created.

Out of the curiosity, have you seen the similar error message when you 
posted the draft?

Regards, Benoit
> John and I have put together a YANG data model derived from teh 
> generic information model.
>
> explain the structuring we used.  We felt it was more important to 
> make sure we got the YANG proposal to the working group in time for 
> _______________________________________________
> Supa mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/supa
> .
>

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 09:56:28 -0400

No, we did not see that error when the draft was run against pyang. 
There were some errors around the must expressions, but that seemed to 
relate to it being yang 1.1.  We were pressed for time and did not 
explore that aspect further.

Yours,
Joel

---

From: John Strassner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 11:09:13 -0700

Hi Benoit,

we are working on updating the YANG model. Qin gave some very helpful
feedback. We'll try and issue a revision when the submission system opens
again.

regards,
John

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Joel M. Halpern <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> No, we did not see that error when the draft was run against pyang. There
> were some errors around the must expressions, but that seemed to relate to
> it being yang 1.1.  We were pressed for time and did not explore that
> aspect further.
>
> Yours,
> Joel
>

-- 
regards,
John