Subject: [Supa] SUPA success

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 16:23:09 +0100

Dear all,

As I mentioned a few times, reading the charter: "The working group will 
have succeeded when the SUPA policy constructs are re-used in future 
IETF specifications (and ideally specifications from other SDOs)"

During the IETF hackathon, Joe Clark developed a YANG impact analysis tool.
So we have 
http://yangcatalog.org/yang-search/impact_analysis.php?modules[]=ietf-supa-policy&recurse=0&rfcs=1, 
which is a good metric for the SUP success. Conclusion so far (which is 
fine at this point in time, but we should focus on this): the 
ietf-supa-policy is not yet reused.

Regards, Benoit

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 12:32:50 -0500

While your statement is true, it seems a bit odd.  Since we have not yet 
add the ECA data model elements to the SUPA DM, it would have been a bit 
hard for anyone to use it up till now.
Even when we add such, I expect people will want some indication from 
the WG that it is stable before they will use it.  (And I as xo-author 
can not ask for any such indication until we have given the WG the YANG, 
and gien enough examples for folks to see how it works.)

Yours,
Joel

On 12/16/16 10:23 AM, Benoit Claise wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Supa mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/supa
>