Subject: [T2TRG] T2TRG first meeting @ IETF92

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 10:46:10 -0500

Thank you all for a marvelous first meeting.

We had a very good exchange of ideas, and there was a lot of learning
about that other corner of the IoT technology universe.  We managed to
catch our most pressing open issues and assign heads to those, see

https://github.com/t2trg/2015-ietf92/blob/master/slides/milestones.mkd

(A star on a name means that that person has volunteered to lead the
effort; I expect them to tell us on this mailing list in the remaining
days of March how they plan to conduct the work.)  The list of names
who plan to contribute is of course just a start, and it is important
that we find other people in the research community who have good
input.

The next step is to work during the time to the Prague IETF, where we
are planning to have another meeting, and to present results.  You
probably should mark the weekend leading up to IETF93 (July 18/19,
2015) in your calendars.  We may also ask for a 2-hour slot during the
main IETF meeting week to present condensed results and elicit
additional feedback from the wider IETF community.

The formal part of setting this up as a chartered IRTF RG is ongoing.
There is no rush, but we do need to do steady work on that, too.  Any
ideas you have on increasing the outreach to the research communities
we are addressing, on potential chairs for this RG that have the
necessary reach into those communities, or on other items that would
increase our effectiveness, are welcome.

Grüße, Carsten