Subject: [T2TRG] IRTF/W3C meeting in Prague; call for talks

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 22:28:42 +0200

The shape of the joint IRTF T2TRG/W3C WoT meeting in Prague is
starting to gel.  W3C WoT is now looking to have their main summer
face to face in week 31 in California, the week after IETF 93 in
Prague (week 30).  We will use the joint meeting in Prague on July
18/19 to bring people from the two organizations together and make
progress on common issues.

Using T2TRG terms, the two items that are likely to receive much of
the interest at the joint meeting are:

-- Security: What is special to IoT/WoT, and how can that work with
   what's deployed out there in the greater Web/Internet?  This
   includes lifecycle issues, as well as privacy considerations.

-- Beyond REST: How can REST fit the specific needs of IoT/WoT,
   including those of management in these environments?  What needs to
   be added to REST, taken away from it?  How do we handle
   constrainedness, the strong interest in time series data,
   application requirements on change notifications etc.?
   Again, what is special to (more prominent in) IoT/WoT?

We want to start on Saturday, July 18th, at 10:00 with a few prepared
talks on both sets of issues, and then break for lunch into breakouts.
Early afternoon will be continuing the breakouts, and we may reconvene
for a quick mutual update at 17:00 or so.  Sunday morning will start
out with some additional prepared talks (with some space for
additional IoT consortia to present their research/needs for
research), and then we'll have more space for breakouts, not necessary
with the same split.  After lunch we'll summarize and discuss further
planning.  Those who will continue on into the IETF meeting should be
able to merge over at 16:00.

* Call for talks:

If you want to give a talk about your research, now is the time to let
me know.  If you are an insider at an IoT consortium that hasn't
presented in Dallas, we want to hear from you.  (Specific talks will
also be procured, in particular from the teams/team leaders we
identified in Dallas.)

Grüße, Carsten