Subject: [T2TRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2016 14:09:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Thing-to-Thing of the IETF.

        Title           : Security Considerations in the IP-based Internet of Things
        Authors         : Oscar Garcia-Morchon
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Mohit Sethi
	Filename        : draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-00.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2016-10-09

Abstract:
   A direct interpretation of the Internet of Things concept refers to
   the usage of standard Internet protocols to allow for human-to-thing
   or thing-to-thing communication.  Although the security needs are
   well-recognized, it is still not fully clear how existing IP-based
   security protocols can be applied to this new setting.  This
   Internet-Draft first provides an overview of security architecture,
   its deployment model and general security needs in the context of the
   lifecycle of a thing.  Then, it presents challenges and requirements
   for the successful roll-out of new applications and usage of standard
   IP-based security protocols when applied to get a functional Internet
   of Things.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Sandeep Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 23:34:47 +0200

Dear all

A new draft has been submitted based on updates to
draft-garcia-core-security.
The main updates are
- removing material which are old discussions and no more relevant
- removing bootstrapping related sections as much as possible (alternative
bootstrapping draft exists in RG)
- add new topics that have been discussed during the previous T2TRG
meetings (not yet complete)
- modified or added new content based on comments we received off-list
- reorganize the structure (but may need further reorganizing, see below)

Some of the updates that we intend to do in the near future are
- Oliver Pfaff to add additional topics that are very useful from
industrial IoT perspective
- Reorganize the sections further along the lines (but will wait for RG
feedback first)
o   The thread analysis in Section 3.
o   The state of the art in Section 4
o   The security profiles in Section 5
o   And the challenges in Section 6
And organizing each section according to (i) Security architecture, (ii)
Security model, (iii) Security bootstrapping, (iv) Network security, and
(v) object security (currently mentioned as application security).

We would like to solicit comments on the current draft contents, additional
topics that they think should be added and how to best reorganize the draft.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Thanks
Sandeep, (also for Mohit and Oscar)

On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 11:09 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> T2TRG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/t2trg
>