Subject: [T2TRG] Call for Participation: Information-Centric Fog Computing @ IFIP Networking 2017

From: "Dirk Kutscher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 10:00:17 +0200

Hi all,

Since we discussed edge computing recently, here is a related upcoming 
event (note: early bird registration deadline today):

Cheers,
Yiannis & Dirk (TPC Chairs)

————————————————————————————————————————————

Call for Participation: IFIP Networking 2017 Workshop on 
Information-Centric Fog Computing (ICFC)

The workshop organizers and TPC chairs invite you to Stockholm on June 
12th to participate in the first IFIP Networking workshop on 
Information-Centric Fog Copmputing (ICFC).

Important Information

Early bird registration deadline: May 29, 2017
Registration page: 
http://networking.ifip.org/2017/index.php/registration

Workshop Program

Date: June 12th, 2017

8:45 - 9:00: Opening and Welcome

9:00 - 10:00: Keynote: “Information-Centric Networking in
Wireless Edge Networks and Beyond” Eve
Schooler (Principal Engineer and Director, Intel
IoT)

10:00 - 10:50: Session 1: Session 1: Information Centric Networking and 
IoT

   "Edge-ICN and its application to the Internet of Things"; Nikos
   Fotiou, Vasilios A. Siris, George Xylomenos, George C. Polyzos,
   George Petropoulos, Konstantinos V. Katsaros

   "Observing Resources over ICN"; H. Islam, Dmitrij Lagutin, Nikos 
Fotiou
10:50 - 11:15: Coffee Break

11:15 - 12:30: Session 2: Computing and Caching at the Edge

   "Execution State Management in Named Function Networking";
   Christopher Scherb, Balázs Faludi, Christian F Tschudin

   "In-Network Live Stream Processing with Named Functions";
   Christopher Scherb, Claudio Marxer, Urs Schnurrenberger,
   Christian F Tschudin

   "A Content-based Centrality Metric for Collaborative Caching in
   Information-Centric Fogs"; Junaid A Khan, Cedric Westphal,
   Yacine Ghamri-Doudane
12:30 - 13:30: Lunch Break

13:30 - 14:30: Industry Panel: Adoption Challenges and Prospects of
Information-Centric Fog Computing

    Moderator: Dirk Kutscher (Chief Technical Officer of Virtual
        Network Engine, Huawei German Research Center)

    Panelists:

  - IoT/Wireless Edge: Eve Schooler (Principal Engineer
    and Director, Intel IoT)

  - IoT/Edge: Cedric Westphal
        (Principal Research Architect, Huawei)

  - Service and Platform Innovation: Dirk Trossen
        (Senior Principle Engineer, InterDigital Europe)

  - Security/Privacy: Chris Wood (Researcher, University of
        California Irvine)
14:30 - 15:15: Session 3: Computing Networks

Invited Talk: “Tools, reliability and pricing for cloud-based
compute instances: lessons learned from Dithen”; Ioannis
Andreopoulos (Reader, University College London)
15:15 - 15:30: Coffee Break

15:30 - 16:20 Session 3: Computing Networks ctnd

   "Benchmarking and Simulating the Fundamental Scaling Behaviors of
   a MapReduce Engine"; Brenton Walker

   "Session Support for SCN”; Mikael Gasparyan, Guillaume Corsini,
   Torsten Braun, Eryk Jerzy Schiller, Jonnahtan Eduardo Saltarin
   de Arco
16:20 - 16:30: Concluding Remarks

More Information

Workshop home page: 
http://networking.ifip.org/2017/index.php/workshops/workshop-on-information-centric-fog-computing-icfc/icfc-technical-program
IFIP Networking 2017 home page: 
http://networking.ifip.org/2017/index.php