Subject: Re: [T2TRG] Semantic extractor languages

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 17:01:39 +0000

Hi Christian,

On 11/10/2018 18.43, Christian Amsüss wrote:
> Hello WISHI participants,
> 
> Follow-up question on the topic of extractors that we discussed as the
> first item in today's meeting:
> 
> Could we collect some of candidate target lanuages? AFAIR mentioned plus
> what comes to my mind:
> 
> * modbus
> * JSON data from Alexa
> * HTML?
> * OCF data
> * CoRE-interfaces batches for devices that don't understand them
> * Extracting data from CoRAL for devices that don't understand it

Collecting these makes lots of sense. Thank you for starting with this!

Bluetooth could be added to the list and Michael mentioned about ZigBee 
too. Also I think OPC UA (binary) is interesting, although there we 
could perhaps get away easier by using/translating to the (standard) 
XML/JSON formats.

I wonder if there's also interest e.g., in the BACnet community to try 
our this approach?

But overall, if we take a few examples of JSON/XML formats and a few 
binary formats, we should be able to get some good insights already.

> Just to get some idea of the problem space we want to address.
> 
> As modbus is, as I understand it, typically not something that comes
> around when dreferencing a URI, do we expect accessing things that are
> not URI addressable (yet)?

I think we should not restrict ourselves to URI-addressable things only 
since some of the interesting ones seem to be lacking URI format today. 
But looking into defining new URI formats and media types when needed 
sounds like a good idea.

Cheers,
Ari

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 10:31:34 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

I am fairly new to this and so I seek your advice please.

During the summer I made some posts, in particular there is the thread 
as follows.

Localizable sentences for thing to thing communication

There are seven posts in that thread, six of them from me.

Could you possibly consider whether it is relevant to include my idea of 
localizable sentences (possibly embedded within a JSON file) in your 
list please?

The following post perhaps gives the best idea,

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/t2trg/MxFYh3WwccNvKOE0sNR3cyY5Vw4

with a correction in the following post.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/t2trg/nKhC4fvWoz6NtmbZ7LJIXCa9RRw

Best regards,

William Overington

Monday 24 December 2018

------ Original Message ------
From: "Ari Keränen" <[email-masked]>
To: "Christian Amsüss" <[email-masked]>; "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, 2018 Dec 22 At 17:01
Subject: Re: [T2TRG] Semantic extractor languages

Hi Christian,

Cheers,
Ari

_______________________________________________
T2TRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/t2trg