Subject: [T2TRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 00:19:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Thing-to-Thing RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : State-of-the-Art and Challenges for the Internet of Things Security
        Authors         : Oscar Garcia-Morchon
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Mohit Sethi
	Filename        : draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-16.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2018-12-13

Abstract:
   The Internet of Things (IoT) concept refers to the usage of standard
   Internet protocols to allow for human-to-thing and thing-to-thing
   communication.  The security needs for IoT systems are well-
   recognized and many standardization steps to provide security have
   been taken, for example, the specification of Constrained Application
   Protocol (CoAP) secured with Datagram Transport Layer Security
   (DTLS).  However, security challenges still exist, not only because
   there are some use cases that lack a suitable solution, but also
   because many IoT devices and systems have been designed and deployed
   with very limited security capabilities.  In this document, we first
   discuss the various stages in the lifecycle of a thing.  Next, we
   document the security threats to a thing and the challenges that one
   might face to protect against these threats.  Lastly, we discuss the
   next steps needed to facilitate the deployment of secure IoT systems.
   This document can be used by implementors and authors of IoT
   specifications as a reference for details about security
   considerations while documenting their specific security challenges,
   threat models, and mitigations.

   This document is a product of the IRTF Thing-to-Thing Research Group
   (T2TRG).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/