Subject: [T2TRG] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-petrov-t2trg-youpi-00.txt

From: ivaylo petrov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 09:36:43 -0400

Dear all,

In the context of some discussions that were happening in the WISHI
hackathon and in relation to some work that my company Acklio has been
doing, I have written a short draft that describes how YANG models can be
enriched so that one can describe binary data parsing and translation. The
need for this arises from the reality that there are some binary protocol
that are more difficult to inter-operate with the rest of the world (not
CBOR, but others) and that some very constrained networks and devices are
adding more and more custom binary protocols due to bandwidth constraints
and similar considerations.

Any feedback is welcome, but above all I am interested to know if this is
something that seems interesting to you and that anyone will like to work
on.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Ivaylo Petrov

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 8:59 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-petrov-t2trg-youpi-00.txt
To: Ivaylo Petrov <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-petrov-t2trg-youpi-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ivaylo Petrov and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-petrov-t2trg-youpi
Revision:       00
Title:          YANG Object Universal Parsing Interface
Document date:  2019-07-23
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          7
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petrov-t2trg-youpi-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrov-t2trg-youpi/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrov-t2trg-youpi-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-petrov-t2trg-youpi

Abstract:
   YANG Object Universal Parsing Interface (YOUPI) specification
   describes generic way to encode and decode binary data based on a
   YANG model for use of constrainted devices.  YOUPI is a generic
   mechanism designed for great flexibility, so that it can be adapted
   for any of the constainted devices.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Laurent Toutain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 15:46:16 +0200

Hi Ivaylo,

Thanks for the document, I have a question regarding the position, I don't
understand the difference in the yang example between absolute and relative
position.

Thanks

Laurent

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 3:37 PM ivaylo petrov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> T2TRG mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/t2trg
>

---

From: ivaylo petrov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 10:38:29 -0400

Hi Laurent,

Thank you for pointing that out! I have missed the `relative` keyword,
which tells the parser that it needs to use the current cursor position for
the parsing. It should read `youpi:position "relative 1..7";`. I will
update this in the next version.

Best regards,
Ivaylo

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 9:46 AM Laurent Toutain <
[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Status:
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrov-t2trg-youpi/