Subject: [Taps] Benoit Claise's No Objection on charter-ietf-taps-01-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 06:31:17 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-taps-01-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-taps/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree with Ben and Adam.  I completely missed the subtleties of this change.

The "or" in the following excerpt really don't help
   The following topics are out of scope for this Working Group:
   - Extension, modification, or creation of transport or
     security protocols

What is out of scope: A, B, or maybe C or D?

Not blocking this recharter, but please improve.

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 12:41:18 -0600

Hi, Benoit,

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-taps/

Agreed. I had stuffed more text into an existing bullet, and the new text
would almost certainly be clearer in its own bullet, so separating into

   - Extension, modification, or creation of transport protocols

   - Extension, modification, or creation of security protocols

Thanks,

Spencer