Subject: [Taps] RFC 8303 on On the Usage of Transport Features Provided by IETF Transport Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 23:05:52 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8303

        Title:      On the Usage of Transport 
                    Features Provided by IETF Transport Protocols 
        Author:     M. Welzl, 
                    M. Tuexen,
                    N. Khademi
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      56
        Characters: 117774
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8303

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8303

This document describes how the transport protocols Transmission
Control Protocol (TCP), MultiPath TCP (MPTCP), Stream Control
Transmission Protocol (SCTP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and
Lightweight User Datagram Protocol (UDP-Lite) expose services to
applications and how an application can configure and use the
features that make up these services.  It also discusses the service
provided by the Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT)
congestion control mechanism.  The description results in a set of
transport abstractions that can be exported in a transport services
(TAPS) API.

This document is a product of the Transport Services Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC