Subject: [Taps] Problem Statement Regarding IPv6 Address Usage (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gont-taps-address-usage-problem-statement-00.txt)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:29:50 -0300

Folks,

We have reposted our I-D on the problem statement regarding address
usage, this time targeting this working group.

It is available at:
<https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-taps-address-usage-problem-statement-00.txt>

The changes from the previous version (targeted at 6man) boils down two:

* Two paragraphs suggesting further work or solutions have been removed
(in response to Erik Kline's comments)

* A note/disclaimer was added noting that the current version focuses on
IPv6 addresses, but a subsequent revision of the I-D might discuss IPv4
addresses too.

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fernando

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-gont-taps-address-usage-problem-statement-00.txt
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 03:46:50 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>, Madeleine Garcia Corbo
<[email-masked]>, Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>,
Madelen Corbo <[email-masked]>, Guillermo Gont
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gont-taps-address-usage-problem-statement-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Fernando Gont and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gont-taps-address-usage-problem-statement
Revision:	00
Title:		Problem Statement Regarding IPv6 Address Usage
Document date:	2018-02-27
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		17
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-taps-address-usage-problem-statement-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-taps-address-usage-problem-statement/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-taps-address-usage-problem-statement-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-taps-address-usage-problem-statement-00

Abstract:
   This document analyzes the security and privacy implications of IPv6
   addresses based on a number of properties (such as address scope,
   stability, and usage type), and identifies gaps that currently
   prevent systems and applications from leveraging the increased
   flexibility and availability of IPv6 addresses.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat