Subject: [Taps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-taps-arch-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 10:38:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Services WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An Architecture for Transport Services
        Authors         : Tommy Pauly
                          Brian Trammell
                          Anna Brunstrom
                          Godred Fairhurst
                          Colin Perkins
                          Philipp S. Tiesel
                          Chris Wood
	Filename        : draft-ietf-taps-arch-04.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   This document provides an overview of the architecture of Transport
   Services, a model for exposing transport protocol features to
   applications for network communication.  In contrast to what is
   provided by most existing Application Programming Interfaces (APIs),
   Transport Services is based on an asynchronous, event-driven
   interaction pattern; it uses messages for representing data transfer
   to applications; and it assumes an implementation that can use
   multiple IP addresses, multiple protocols, and multiple paths, and
   provide multiple application streams.  This document further defines
   the common set of terminology and concepts to be used in definitions
   of Transport Services APIs and implementations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-arch/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-taps-arch-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-taps-arch-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-taps-arch-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/