Subject: [Taps] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC8304 (6370)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 02:54:31 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC8304,
"Transport Features of the User Datagram Protocol (UDP) and Lightweight UDP (UDP-Lite)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6370

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.1

Original Text
-------------
   GET_ECN:  The GET_ECN primitive is a network-layer function that
      returns the value of the ECN field in the IP header of a received
      UDP datagram.  Section 3.1.5 of [RFC8085] states that a UDP
      receiver "MUST check the ECN field at the receiver for each UDP
      datagram that it receives on this port", requiring the UDP
      receiver API to pass the received ECN field up to the application
      layer to enable appropriate congestion feedback.

Corrected Text
--------------
   GET_ECN:  The GET_ECN primitive is a network-layer function that
      returns the value of the ECN field in the IP header of a received
      UDP datagram.  Section 3.1.7 of [RFC8085] states that a UDP
      receiver "MUST check the ECN field at the receiver for each UDP
      datagram that it receives on this port", requiring the UDP
      receiver API to pass the received ECN field up to the application
      layer to enable appropriate congestion feedback.

Notes
-----
Incorrect reference to RFC 8085

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC8304 (draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-udp-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Transport Features of the User Datagram Protocol (UDP) and Lightweight UDP (UDP-Lite)
Publication Date    : February 2018
Author(s)           : G. Fairhurst, T. Jones
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Transport Services
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG