Subject: [Taps] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC8304 (6370)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 15:42:38 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC8304, "Transport Features of the User Datagram Protocol (UDP) and Lightweight UDP (UDP-Lite)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6370

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2020-12-26
Held by: Martin Duke (IESG)

Section: 3.1

Original Text
-------------
   GET_ECN:  The GET_ECN primitive is a network-layer function that
      returns the value of the ECN field in the IP header of a received
      UDP datagram.  Section 3.1.5 of [RFC8085] states that a UDP
      receiver "MUST check the ECN field at the receiver for each UDP
      datagram that it receives on this port", requiring the UDP
      receiver API to pass the received ECN field up to the application
      layer to enable appropriate congestion feedback.

Corrected Text
--------------
   GET_ECN:  The GET_ECN primitive is a network-layer function that
      returns the value of the ECN field in the IP header of a received
      UDP datagram.  Section 3.1.7 of [RFC8085] states that a UDP
      receiver "MUST check the ECN field at the receiver for each UDP
      datagram that it receives on this port", requiring the UDP
      receiver API to pass the received ECN field up to the application
      layer to enable appropriate congestion feedback.

Notes
-----
Incorrect reference to RFC 8085

--------------------------------------
RFC8304 (draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-udp-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Transport Features of the User Datagram Protocol (UDP) and Lightweight UDP (UDP-Lite)
Publication Date    : February 2018
Author(s)           : G. Fairhurst, T. Jones
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Transport Services
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG