Subject: [tcmtf] The discussion moves to [email-masked]

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:37:27 +0100

Hi all,
 
After the BoF in London, the decision of the ADs was that a TCM WG would not
be created. So the idea now is to keep with the discussion at the tsvwg
mailing list, taking into account that the drafts were submitted to tsvwg,
and the initial discussion was carried out there (
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tsvwg).
 
In addition, we have just finished an implementation of TCM. It is simple,
but it works. Its name is “Simplemux”. It runs in Linux. It is programmed in
C, and makes use of TUN/TAP. It is here: 
http://diec.unizar.es/~jsaldana/personal/simplemux_current_version.zip

It is able to:
 
- compress headers with ROHC (using this implementation:
<https://rohc-lib.org/> https://rohc-lib.org/) 
- multiplex a number of packets using separators (something similar to
PPPMux)
- the tunnel is naïve at this stage: just an IP/UDP header using port 55555
 
- It implements four different policies for selecting which packets will be
multiplexed together: period, timeout, number of packets and packet size
limit.

The plan is to perform some tests with real traffic. If someone is
interested on collaborating and/or doing some tests, do not hesitate to
contact me.
 
Best regards 
 
Jose