Subject: [tcpm] antispoof document

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 14:25:46 -0500

Folks-

Joe has told us that he has rolled all the comments received into the
latest version of the anti-spoof document
(draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-antispoof-02.txt).  We are hopeful that we are
quite close to a WGLC on this document.  If you have not yet read it or
have not read it recently, please take a look at it and raise
substantive issues soon.

Thanks!
 
Mark and Ted

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 01:57:27 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Mark Allman wrote:

> (draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-antispoof-02.txt).

I think calling this antispoofing sends the wrong message; it sounds
like you're defending against deliberate attacks, when you may not be.

Can't we call this draft 'Sanity checking of observed TCP endpoint
behaviour', or somesuch?

(This is really about the tone of the doc.)

thanks,

L.

> We are hopeful that we are quite close to a WGLC on this document.
> If you have not yet read it or have not read it recently, please
> take a look at it and raise substantive issues soon.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mark and Ted

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><[email-masked]>