Subject: [tcpm] draft-ietf-tcpm-ecnsyn-03.txt ready for Working Group Last Call

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:35:00 -0800

Tom and Mark -

I presented a report on draft-ietf-tcpm-ecnsyn-03.txt at the last IETF,
and the consensus at that meeting was that after the comments raised at
the meeting were addressed, this should be ready for Working Group
Last Call.

I apologize for the delay in finishing this up, but I have finally made
the changes and submitted the revised draft, and I believe this is now
ready for Working Group Last Call.

The revised draft is available at:
http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-ietf-tcpm-ecnsyn-03.txt
http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-ietf-tcpm-ecnsyn-03.ps

The changes from the last version are fairly minimal, as
follows:

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
------
    Changes from draft-ietf-tcpm-ecnsyn-02:

    * Added to the discussion in the Security section of whether
      ECN-Capable TCP SYN packets have problems with firewalls,
      over and above the known problems of TCP data packets
      (e.g., as in the Microsoft report).  From a question raised
      at the TCPM meeting at the July 2007 IETF.

    * Added a sentence to the discussion of routers or middleboxes that
      *might* drop TCP SYN packets on the basis of IP header fields.
      Feedback from Remi Denis-Courmont.

    * General editing.  Feedback from Alfred Henes.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
------

Many thanks,
- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm