Subject: [tcpm] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt-00

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 07:36:57 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Joseph Touch and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-auth-opt
Revision:	 00
Title:		 The TCP Authentication Option
Creation_date:	 2007-11-11
WG ID:		 tcpm
Number_of_pages: 31

Abstract:
This document specifies a TCP Authentication Option (TCP-AO) which is 
intended to replace the TCP MD5 Signature option of RFC-2385 (TCP 
MD5). TCP-AO specifies the use of stronger Message Authentication 

 Codes (MACs) and provides more details on the association of security 
associations with TCP connections. TCP-AO assumes an external, out-
of-band mechanism (manual or via a separate protocol) for session key 
establishment, parameter negotiation, and rekeying, replicating the 
separation of key management and key use as in the IPsec suite. The 
result is intended to be a simple modification to support current 
infrastructure uses of TCP MD5, such as to protect BGP and LDP, and 
to support a larger set of MACs with minimal other system and 
operational changes. TCP-AO uses a new option identifier, even though 
it is intended to be mutually exclusive with TCP MD5 on a given TCP 
connection. It supports IPv6, and is fully compatible with 
requirements under development for an update to TCP MD5. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [RFC2119].

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm