Subject: [tcpm] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto-07

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 03:30:29 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto-07.txt has been successfuly submitted by Lars Eggert and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto
Revision:	 07
Title:		 TCP User Timeout Option
Creation_date:	 2007-11-13
WG ID:		 tcpm
Number_of_pages: 16

Abstract:
The TCP user timeout controls how long transmitted data may remain
unacknowledged before a connection is forcefully closed.  It is a
local, per-connection parameter.  This document specifies a new TCP
option - the TCP User Timeout Option - that allows one end of a TCP
connection to advertise its current user timeout value.  This
information provides advice to the other end of the TCP connection to
adapt its user timeout accordingly.  Increasing the user timeouts on
both ends of a TCP connection allows it to survive extended periods
without end-to-end connectivity.  Decreasing the user timeouts allows
busy servers to explicitly notify their clients that they will
maintain the connection state only for a short time without
connectivity.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm