Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc4138bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 11:20:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Forward RTO-Recovery (F-RTO): An Algorithm for Detecting Spurious Retransmission Timeouts with TCP
	Author(s)       : P. Sarolahti, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc4138bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2007-11-18

Spurious retransmission timeouts cause suboptimal TCP performance
 because they often result in unnecessary retransmission of the last
 window of data.  This document describes the F-RTO detection
 algorithm for detecting spurious TCP retransmission timeouts.  F-RTO
 is a TCP sender-only algorithm that does not require any TCP options
 to operate.  After retransmitting the first unacknowledged segment
 triggered by a timeout, the F-RTO algorithm of the TCP sender
 monitors the incoming acknowledgments to determine whether the
 timeout was spurious.  It then decides whether to send new segments
 or retransmit unacknowledged segments.  The algorithm effectively
 helps to avoid additional unnecessary retransmissions and thereby
 improves TCP performance in the case of a spurious timeout.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc4138bis-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc4138bis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc4138bis-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm