Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 03:40:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP User Timeout Option
	Author(s)       : L. Eggert, F. Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto-07.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2007-11-13

The TCP user timeout controls how long transmitted data may remain
unacknowledged before a connection is forcefully closed.  It is a
local, per-connection parameter.  This document specifies a new TCP
option - the TCP User Timeout Option - that allows one end of a TCP
connection to advertise its current user timeout value.  This
information provides advice to the other end of the TCP connection to
adapt its user timeout accordingly.  Increasing the user timeouts on
both ends of a TCP connection allows it to survive extended periods
without end-to-end connectivity.  Decreasing the user timeouts allows
busy servers to explicitly notify their clients that they will
maintain the connection state only for a short time without
connectivity.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto-07.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto-07.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm