Subject: [tcpm] draft IETF 72 meeting notes

From: "Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-RCN0)[VZ]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 18:26:12 -0500

TCPMers: here are the draft meeting notes from today.  Please report any corrections or clarifications out to the chairs so that we can fix them for the final copy.  Thanks in advance!
 
Thanks to Lloyd Wood for taking these notes even among some of the fast discussions; I believe it will be very difficult to convince him to take notes for us again :).

 
_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:17:18 -0700

Thanks Lloyd for taking the notes. An addendum to the meeting notes is 
noted inline.

Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-RCN0)[VZ] wrote:
> TCPMers: here are the draft meeting notes from today.  Please report 
> any corrections or clarifications out to the chairs so that we can fix 
> them for the final copy.  Thanks in advance!
>  
> Thanks to Lloyd Wood for taking these notes even among some of the 
> fast discussions; I believe it will be very difficult to convince him 
> to take notes for us again :).
>  
>  
<pasting the relevant section>
> Wes: I had understanding that WG had not accepted this, but easier to get just a clarification (informational) accepted by the WG.
>
> Lars: if I was chair calling consensus - FAIL - don't adopt it as WG item. Call on WG for proposed std failed.
>   
In offline discussion with Lars and others it was clear there was 
confusion about which draft was being requested for WG item. Yes, the 
original persist draft had not been accepted by WG. On suggestion by the 
chairs (Mark and Ted at that time)  a short information draft describing 
just the sender behavior was written and presented in the meeting. It is 
that draft which is being requested for adoption by WG.

Lars, I hope I have captured the spirit of the discussion.

-- mahesh