Subject: [tcpm] tcp-auth-opt issue: header format and alignment

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:48:16 -0700

There has been a variety of discussion on this issue.

The consensus appears to be emerging that we retain a simple,
deterministic header format, and leave alignment issues to implementations:

+------+------+------+------...-----+
| KIND | LEN  | TSPI | MAC......... |
+------+------+------+------...-----+

each of the first three fields are one byte

(Alfred Hoenes suggested we rename the KeyID to a TSPI, i.e., a TCP-AO
security parameters index, since it corresponds to the SPI in IPsec,
i.e., it indexes from among a set of security parameters for a connection)

- -------

Comments?

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

---

From: "Adam Langley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:57:22 -0700

> deterministic header format, and leave alignment issues to implementations:

I thought that KeyID was a clearer name, but either way is fine.
Putting it at the front like this definitely has my vote.

AGL

-- 
Adam Langley [email-masked] http://www.imperialviolet.org
_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm