Subject: [tcpm] RFC 7323 on TCP Extensions for High Performance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:17:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7323

        Title:      TCP Extensions for High Performance 
        Author:     D. Borman, B. Braden,
                    V. Jacobson, R. Scheffenegger, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      49
        Characters: 106013
        Obsoletes:  RFC 1323

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-1323bis-21.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7323.txt

This document specifies a set of TCP extensions to improve
performance over paths with a large bandwidth * delay product and to
provide reliable operation over very high-speed paths.  It defines
the TCP Window Scale (WS) option and the TCP Timestamps (TS) option
and their semantics.  The Window Scale option is used to support
larger receive windows, while the Timestamps option can be used for
at least two distinct mechanisms, Protection Against Wrapped
Sequences (PAWS) and Round-Trip Time Measurement (RTTM), that are
also described herein.

This document obsoletes RFC 1323 and describes changes from it.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC