Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-syn-ext-opt-01.txt

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:47:37 -0700

Hi, all,

An updated version of this draft has just been posted.

As per off-line coordination and agreement with Bob Briscoe, this
version has been updated to focus on the approach that does not use dual
SYNs (i.e., SYN + out-of-band segment), and thus there are two separate
drafts that don't overlap now.

This should simplify the discussion of alternatives; Bob's is known as
"Sister SYNs", and this is known as "SYN-EOS OOB" or simply "SYN+OOB".

Joe

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-syn-ext-opt-01.txt
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:40:33 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Ted Faber <[email-masked]>, Dr. Joseph D. Touch <[email-masked]>, Joe
Touch <[email-masked]>, Ted Faber <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-syn-ext-opt-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Joe Touch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-syn-ext-opt
Revision:	01
Title:		TCP SYN Extended Option Space Using an Out-of-Band Segment
Document date:	2014-09-29
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		14
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-syn-ext-opt-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-syn-ext-opt/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-syn-ext-opt-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-syn-ext-opt-01

Abstract:
   This document describes an experimental method to extend the option
   space for connection parameters within the initial TCP SYN segment,
   at the start of a TCP connection. This method effectively extends
   the option space of an initial SYN by using an additional coupled
   segment that is sent 'out-of-band'. It complements the proposed
   Extended Data Offset (EDO) option that is applicable only after the
   initial segment.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat