Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:36:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP Fast Open
        Authors         : Yuchung Cheng
                          Jerry Chu
                          Sivasankar Radhakrishnan
                          Arvind Jain
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-10.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2014-09-29

Abstract:
   This document describes an experimental TCP mechanism TCP Fast Open
   (TFO). TFO allows data to be carried in the SYN and SYN-ACK packets
   and consumed by the receiving end during the initial connection
   handshake, and saves up to one full round trip time (RTT) compared to
   the standard TCP, which requires a three-way handshake (3WHS) to
   complete before data can be exchanged. However TFO deviates from the
   standard TCP semantics since the data in the SYN could be replayed to
   an application in some rare circumstances. Applications should not
   use TFO unless they can tolerate this issue detailed in the
   Applicability section.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-fastopen-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/