Subject: [tcpm] SCTP socket API section needed for rto-restart?

From: Anna Brunstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 16:05:05 +0100

Dear all,

In the tcpm session just now there was a discussion as to weather a SCTP 
socket API section should be added to the rto-restart draft or not. As 
there was no consensus in the room, we would like feedback from the 
mailing list.

As tsvwg handles SCTP, the question goes to both the tcpm and the tsvwg 
mailing lists.

The draft is at 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-05, and describes 
a small update to the RTO timer management algorithm.

Any other feedback on the document is of course also welcome.

Thanks,
Anna

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:39:50 -0500

> On 24 Mar 2015, at 10:05, Anna Brunstrom <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear all,
> 
> In the tcpm session just now there was a discussion as to weather a SCTP socket API section should be added to the rto-restart draft or not. As there was no consensus in the room, we would like feedback from the mailing list.
> 
> As tsvwg handles SCTP, the question goes to both the tcpm and the tsvwg mailing lists.
> 
> The draft is at https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-05, and describes a small update to the RTO timer management algorithm.
Since I brought the point up, let me give the argument on the list again.
For SCTP extensions, we usually provide an informational section how to
extend the SCTP socket API defined in RFC 6458. So I brought up the question
whether it is envisioned that you allow an application to enable/disable
this feature. If yes, it makes sense to me to add a socket API section
describing how to control it for SCTP.
I'm willing to contribute text, if wanted.

Best regards
Michael
> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm
>