Subject: Re: [tcpm] WGLC for draft-ietf-tcpm-undeployed-02

From: Pasi Sarolahti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 15:50:44 +0300

Hi,

The WGLC on tcpm-undeployed ended some time ago, and below is a draft write-up in the new essay format. I recorded no major comments, but there are a few minor nits the authors might want to take care of before we submit the document.

Thanks to everyone who have contributed (by authoring or commenting)!

- Pasi

——————

1. Summary

Document shepherd is Pasi Sarolahti. Responsible Area Director is
Martin Stiemerling.

This document reclassifies old, unused TCP-related RFCs into Historic
status. In addition, a selection of other old RFCs are reclassified as
Informational. It is an administrative document that does not specify
any protocol modifications.

2. Review and Consensus

Document was reviewed by multiple TCPM WG participants. Given its
administrative nature, there has been no controversy over it, and it
is generally supported by the TCPM community.

The inclusion of the TCPMUX document (RFC 1078) raised some discussion
earlier, because implementations of TCPMUX have been reported in some OS
distributions, although it is not in use to our knowledge. There was
consensus in the TCPM WG that because of the operational and
security concerns in TCPMUX, it should also be declared Historic.

3. Intellectual Property

The document declares no new technology, but just refers to existing
old RFCs. It does not involve new Intellectual Property. (TBD: ask the
question anyway from authors)

4. Other Points

Because this is an administrative document reclassifying existing
documents, it does not involve new IANA considerations or security
considerations, nor new registries.

——————————

On 31 Jul 2015, at 16:52, Pasi Sarolahti <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> The tcpm-undeployed draft has been on hold for a while, but we now believe it is ok to be submitted for publication. Therefore this mail starts a working group last call for draft-ietf-tcpm-undeployed-02 ("Moving Outdated TCP Extensions and TCP-related Documents to Historic and Informational Status"), to be submitted as Informational RFC. The WGLC runs until Friday, August 21st (three weeks because of the ongoing summer holiday period).
> 
> Link to the HTML version of the document: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-undeployed-02 .
> 
> Please let us know if you have any comments about the latest version.
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> - Pasi
> 
> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm