Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-dctcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 00:59:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Datacenter TCP (DCTCP): TCP Congestion Control for Datacenters
        Authors         : Stephen Bensley
                          Lars Eggert
                          Dave Thaler
                          Praveen Balasubramanian
                          Glenn Judd
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-dctcp-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-09-22

Abstract:
   This memo describes Datacenter TCP (DCTCP), an improvement to TCP
   congestion control for datacenter traffic.  DCTCP uses improved
   Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) processing to estimate the
   fraction of bytes that encounter congestion, rather than simply
   detecting that some congestion has occurred.  DCTCP then scales the
   TCP congestion window based on this estimate.  This method achieves
   high burst tolerance, low latency, and high throughput with shallow-
   buffered switches.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-dctcp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-dctcp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/