Subject: QPSK modulator card

From: nghia_pham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 09:03:59 -0500

Stanford Telecom has QPSK modulator evaluation board (STELxxx).
I do not know whether a LINUX driver is available.

Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Nghia PHAM
EUTELSAT
70 rue Balard 
PARIS - FRANCE
Manager
DVB & Multimedia Infrastructure Development
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Message text written by INTERNET:[email-masked]
Hello,
-----

we have successfully tested LINUX kernel 2.2.x for using it in sattelite
enviroment. We have build up a squid proxy array and have used ipchains as
tranparent proxy with port mapping. 

Right know we think about using a LINUX PC as a VSAT station. Therefore we
use
a DVB card for receiving the big forward channel. For the back channel we
want
to use a QPSK modulator card.  Probably we have to implement a LINUX kernel
driver and a API. Maybe there is already a PC QPSK modulator card with
LINUX
driver avaiable ? As I have looked to the Internet I could not find any
avaiable QPSK card for PC. Does anybody of you  have any information ??

Thank you and many regards 

Olaf Menzel

---
Dipl. Ing. Olaf Menzel - System Engineer
GMD - German National Research Center of Information Technology
dept. SatNET
Schloss Birlinghoven, 53754 Sankt Augustin, Germany
Phone: +49-2241-14-2252   Mobile: +49-171-9148395    Fax: +49-2241-14-1050
email: [email-masked]         Internet: http://sat.gmd.de
<