Subject: need information

From: agus siswanto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 20:41:03 +0700

dear all,
i am sorry if bothering you.
i am a student of institut technology in Indonesia. now i am studying
about comparison of tcp performance over many media (cable, satelit,
optics, and else). 

i have got many experimen results about performance tcp over satellite
from
many papers. but i don't yet get the experiments result of tcp
performance over both cable or optics.

i interested with a paper in ECMAST'98 homepage
(http://www.hhi.de/ecmast98.html)
the tittle is "Performance of TCP over cable modems and ADSL" by
Lampard, G.J.

Does anyone have some information about this paper (website for download
it)
or email address of the authors.
and others information about tcp performance over cable or optics
(experiment results).

thanks for your kindness

agus
10 nopember institut of technology
keputih - surabaya- indonesia

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:41:26 -0500

Agus,
At one point of time, we presented a paper in an IEEE workshop on the
performance of tcp over satellite.  At that point, what we did is that we
adapted a MAC protocol desinged for HFC (Hybrid Fiber Cable) networks to the
satellite environments, due to the large number of similarities between the
two environment, excluding delay (of course).  
So, what I would recommend is for you to adapt whatever results you get from
the satellite environment to the cable environment, by accounting for delay
and BER.
I hope that you find this helpful.

Osama Qadan - INTELSAT

> -----Original Message-----
> From: agus siswanto [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2000 8:41 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: need information
> 
> 
> dear all,

---

From: José Antonio Guerra Expósito <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:39:08 +0100

Dear Agus,

The paper published in ECMAST'98 appear in the proceeding book of the conference, and in its moment was available through the web.   You can try to contact to the responsibles of the Conference (Dr. Ralf Schäefer [email-masked]) in Berlin in order to get a copy of the paper.

Best,

José Antonio Guerra
New Application Engineer
HISPASAT
Spain

>>> agus siswanto <[email-masked]> 01/11 2:41  >>>
dear all,

thanks for your kindness

agus