Subject: vendors needed

From: Ming Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 17:54:07 -0500

Hello everyone:

I am working on IP over satellite project and need recommandation on high
speed (up to DS3 at thsi moment) satellite modem (receiver) products. So far I
have information on Scientific-Atlantic's PowerVu system. Any comments? any
recommandation on other vendors?

TIA

_ming

---

From: "Eric Hartley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:25:10 -0500

Hello Ming.  Hello all.

Try Gilat subsidiary, Spacenet. Might also look at Hughes Network Systems.
What exactly are you looking to accomplish with locating this type of
hardware?

-Eric Hartley
SatComX - Atlanta

-----Original Message-----
From: Ming Lu [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2000 5:54 PM
To: ietf-tcpsat; [email-masked]
Subject: vendors needed

Hello everyone:

I am working on IP over satellite project and need recommandation on high
speed (up to DS3 at thsi moment) satellite modem (receiver) products. So far
I
have information on Scientific-Atlantic's PowerVu system. Any comments? any
recommandation on other vendors?

TIA

_ming

---

From: Ming Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 19:01:36 -0500

Thanks eric:

IP over satellite, bidirectional and unidirectional.

I think that Gilat is service company, not manufacture. The same is spacenet. I
am looking into teh hughes too.

_ming

---

From: "Eric Hartley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:04:29 -0500

Ming, I believe Gilat is a manufacturer as well as a service provider.
Their space segment "service" is purchased from GE Americom.  I may be
incorrect in my research but they do have proprietary hardware and software
developments.

Are you familiar with COMSYS reports?  I can forward these .PDF files to you
regarding Gilat/Spacenet if you have high-speed connection.

-Eric Hartley

-----Original Message-----
From: Ming Lu [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2000 7:02 PM
To: Eric Hartley
Cc: 'ietf-tcpsat'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: vendors needed

Thanks eric:

I think that Gilat is service company, not manufacture. The same is
spacenet. I
am looking into teh hughes too.

_ming

---

From: "Harry Cho" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:18:39 +0900

Hello ?

Please visit http://www.pentamedia.com

Regards,

-----Original Message-----
From: Ming Lu [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 7:54 AM
To: ietf-tcpsat; [email-masked]
Subject: vendors needed

Hello everyone:

TIA

_ming

---

From: Patrick Cipiere <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 07:03:41 -0800

You might look at 

	http://www.harmonicdata.com

The CyberStream card from Harmonic Data is in use on the UDLR
satellite network operated from INRIA and from Conseil General du Tarn.

	http://www.broadlogic.com

Works also with UDLR.

Patrick.
-- 
Ensim: Enabling Services.... Simply!        http://www.ensim.com

Mobile: (+33) (0)6 12 28 75 61
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 93 95 27 40