Subject: Network Simulation Tools

From: Marc Emmelmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:49:30 +0100

Hello,

I need to run some experiments / simulations with TCP/IP in a LEO
Satellite environment. My special interest is on how the different TCP
flavors behave in the context of time-varying round trip delays.

I am planing to use the NS Network Simulator (ns2) for my trials and
would like to ask if any of you has a suggestion about other simulator I
should considder or (even better) has a pointer to previous work by some
one else.

Thanks for your reply,

Marc

--
German National Research            Research Center for
Center for Information Technology   Open Communication Systems

Marc Emmelmann                      Phone:  +49-30-34 63 - 7265
GMD-FOKUS                           Fax:    +49-30-34 63 - 8265
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 31           e-mail: [email-masked]
D-10589 Berlin, Germany             http://www.fokus.gmd.de

PGP Fingerprint: 9858 95FA 0705 9D81 AB2A  EE64 5D7F CEBA 2943 2BD5

---

From: Luigi Rizzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 19:36:18 +0100 (CET)

> should considder or (even better) has a pointer to previous work by some

see dummynet -- http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/ip_dummynet/

I think there are already some dummynet users there at GMD-FOKUS.

	cheers
	luigi

-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------
  Luigi RIZZO, [email-masked]  . Dip. di Ing. dell'Informazione
  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/  . Universita` di Pisa
  TEL/FAX: +39-050-568.533/522     . via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
  Mobile   +39-347-0373137
-----------------------------------+-------------------------------------