Subject: FastBit Technologies Quarterly Newsletter Vol 1 Issue 1

From: Marcus Plummer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:58:02 -0700

<http://> Fastbit Technologies Quarterly Newsletter

 Vol. 1 Issue1
August 2000 A quarterly newsletter for people in the communications
industry.

Fastbit Technologies is a company that values and commits itself to
engineering that simplifies broadband physical layer testing. We aim to
provide you with complete test instruments with unique features. The
founders of Fastbit originated from Tektronix, Hewlett Packard and Hughes
Aircraft. Collectively, they have more than sixty years experience in
transmission test equipment development, with world-class expertise in
high-speed digital design, DSP, analog, RF, and software development. Our
products are developed by test engineers for test engineers. Fastbit's
product list includes: The FB100A - a high speed bit error rate test system,
the FB2000A - a frequency tunable carrier/noise test system, and the FB3000A
- a QPSK/QAM cable modulator.

In this issue:

    - BERT ASI Interfacing directly to the DUT via Pod-

    - Frequency Tunable Carrier / Noise Test System- 

    - BERT synchronization issues -

    - INSTALOKTM Fast synchronization of complex frames -

article1BERT ASI Interfacing directly to the DUT via Pod

A unique feature of the FB100A is it's interface capabilities, which offers
a selection of parallel interface pods that provide a wide variety of test
interface configurations. One of the interfaces supported is ASI. 

The FB100A ASI Generator pod converts the FB100A's Generator parallel output
to a DVB-ASI compliant interface. The FB100A will automatically... 

The FB100A ASI Analyzer pod converts a DVB-ASI compliant interface to a
suitable parallel interface for the FB100A Analyzer for error analysis...

Click here to  <http://www.fastbit.com/newsletter/newsletter2.htm> find out
more about this topic

article2Frequency Tunable Carrier / Noise Test System

Inherent to the FB2000A architecture is its frequency tunable noise
source...

The instrument's frequency synthesizer facilitates bandpass filtered noise
addition in five user-selectable bandwidths centered anywhere in the 5 MHz
to 2.4 GHz frequency band (BW=6, 12.5, 25, 50 and...

The instrument's proprietary technology allows setting of high C/N ratios at
carrier power levels as low as 140 dBm, while maintaining...

Click here to  <http://www.fastbit.com/newsletter/newsletter2.htm> find out
more about this topic

article3BERT synchronization issues

Test engineers can now make BER measurements on framed data structures
without fabricating a frame stripper board...

"Burst" clock and data streams do not have to be retimed and smoothed prior
to BER analysis...

Click here to  <http://www.fastbit.com/newsletter/newsletter2.htm> find out
more about this topic

article4INSTALOKTM -Fast synchronization on complex frames

A unique two step synchronization process...

Instalok utilizes a user-defined Frame Sync Word (FSW) to synchronize to the
PRBS payload using a feed forward technique.

Click here to  <http://www.fastbit.com/newsletter/newsletter2.htm> find out
more about this topic

Give a friend the opportunity to receive this valuable information. 

Forward this email and have them subscribe
<http://www.fastbit.com/newsletter/subscribe2.htm>  to the Fastbit
Technologies Newsletter.

Visit www.Fastbit.com <http://www.fastbit.com> 

 Broadband "PHY" testing...simplified
<http://www.fastbit.com/images/newsletters/FBtag2.jpg> 

You can unsubscribe from Fastbit Technologies newsletter at any time. If you
believe you have received this e-mail in error, or wish to unsubscribe now,
please click the following link: Please remove
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=remove me> me