Subject: assymetrica antenna pattern

From: "Ruiz Dou, Jose Luis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:59:23 +0200

Hello everybody, I have a doubt in a design of one antenna. My question is
related with the effect of a blocking material in front of a cassegrain
parabolic antenna. Does it affect only to the effective surface of the
antena or has it also effects on the radiation pattern of it ?.

Would someone answer this question ?.

Jose

---

From: "Brooker, Ralph" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:02:16 -0500

In general, blockage scatters and diffracts signal energy, so it can
significantly affect the transmit gain, receive gain, noise temperature,
sidelobe patterns, and cross-polarization discrimination performance.
Regards
Ralph 

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruiz Dou, Jose Luis [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 10:59 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: assymetrica antenna pattern

Jose