Subject: Can you advice some TCP analyser - monitor SW for Linux or Windows ?

From: Dusan Statelov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 15:45:02 +0200

Dear colleagues:

Can you please advice URL to some TCP analyser - monitor SW for Linux or
Windows ?

We have installed Linux PC for TCP monitoring purposes and installed
some TCP monitor to watch traffic from  http://www.ethereal.com/ but SW
does not provide us information about real "congestion window"
influencing the TCP performance.

We can see some values of window ranging between 63-64-65 kbyte, what is
meaningless.
I expect (due to TCP slow start alghorithm) to see congestion window
growing from bottom almost from 0 to TCP window size so from 0-64 kbyte
for any old TCP and this should correlate to real TCP performance.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Dusan Statelov
Managing Director
Main Data,s.r.o.
mailto:[email-masked]

Tel:     +421 7 54789 586
Fax:     +421 7 54789 585
GSM:     +421 905 606 027
http://www.maindata.sk