Subject: SoftCOM 2002 Call for Papers

From: SoftCOM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:53:35 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Colleagues,

Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this e-mail.

We would appreciate your assistance in distributing this call for papers
to your colleagues.

All the details about the conference can be found at:
 http://www.fesb.hr/SoftCOM
 and in IEEE Communications Magazine, March 2002.

***************************************************************
******************** CALL FOR PAPERS *************************
***************************************************************

                   INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON
        SOFTWARE, TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND COMPUTER NETWORKS

  Tentative date: October 08-11, 2002
  Location: Split, Dubrovnik (Croatia); Ancona, Venice (Italy)

SPONSORED BY:
  * IEEE COMSOC TC of Communications Software and
    TC of Communication Switching and Routing (Technical Cosponsor)
  * Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of Croatia
  * University of Split

The 10th (jubilee) International Conference on Software,
 Telecommunications and Computer Networks SoftCOM 2002, co-sponsored by
 the IEEE Communication Society (COMSOC), will be held October 8-11, 2002
 aboard the luxury ship "Dubrovnik" visiting attractive cities along the
 Croatian and Italian Adriatic coastline (Split,Venice,Ancona,Dubrovnik).
 SoftCOM 2002 will provide an open forum for communication and
 information technology researchers and engineers to discuss new and
 emerging systems, services and their applications particularly with
 emphasis on the "soft" aspects and technologies.

Each day of the conference the ship will be anchored in one of the ports
 on the route, and overnight it will sail towards the next destination.
 This provides participants with the opportunity to share ideas in close
 contact with their colleagues and to enjoy the pleasant and inspiring
 ambience while visiting the ports along the beautiful Adriatic coast.
 During the conference the car deck will serve as an exhibition arena for
 exhibitors of software and telecommunication products.

The Conference will feature world-known plenary speakers, tutorial
 presentations and workshops. Accompanying events will include
 business forum, exhibition and product presentations and demonstrations.

Topics to be addressed include, but are not limited to the following:
   * Communications Software
   * Telecommunications Services Design and QoS
   * Network Operations and Management
   * Internet and IP based Environments and Services
   * Mobile and Wireless Communications
   * Optical and Photonic Communications
   * Access Networks and Technologies
   * High-Speed Protocols and Networks
   * Enterprise Networking
   * Multimedia and Virtual Reality Systems and Services
   * Integration of Voice and Data Communication
   * Information Infrastructure and Security
   * Signal Processing and Coding
   * Electromagnetic Compatibility
   * Computer Methods in Biomedicine

General Chair
 Juraj Buzolic, Croatian Telecom, Croatia

Program Committee  Co-Chairs:
 Nikola Rozic, Dinko Begusic
 University of Split, Croatia
 {rozic,[email-masked]

SoftCOM 2002 will feature general conference and the following:
   * Special Session on Future Wireless Communications
   * Workshop on Database Technologies, Models, Applications and Trends
   * Workshop on Communications with Active Simulation Networks (CASN)
   * Special Session on Software Agents

IEEE CONTACT:
 Algirdas Pakstas, University of North London, UK, [email-masked]

SECRETARY:
 Hrvoje Dujmic, University of Split, Croatia, ([email-masked])

******************************************************************
***********************SCHEDULE:********************************
******************************************************************
         Complete Manuscript Due: May 31, 2002
         Notification of Acceptance: August 01, 2002
         Camera-Ready Manuscript Due: September 01, 2002

AUTHOR KIT AND SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
 Please check the details at the http://www.fesb.hr/SoftCOM

******************************************************************
TO BE REMOVED FROM THIS LIST
 If you would like to be removed from this email contact list, please
 reply to this message, including the text of the entire message above
 in the body of your email message, and the words 'REMOVE ME'
 in the subject line.This email should be addressed to:
 [email-masked]
 You will be removed from this list when we receive your reply.
******************************************************************