Subject: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 05:45:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Extensions to Resource Reservation Protocol For Re-optimization of Loosely Routed Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering LSPs
        Authors         : Tarek Saad
                          Rakesh Gandhi
                          Zafar Ali
                          Robert H. Venator
                          Yuji Kamite
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-03-09

Abstract:
   For a Traffic Engineered (TE) Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Label
   Switched Path (LSP), it is preferable in some cases to re-evaluate
   and re-optimize the entire P2MP-TE LSP by re-signaling all its
   Source-to-Leaf (S2L) sub-LSP(s).  Existing mechanisms, a mechanism
   for an ingress Label Switched Router (LSR) to trigger a new path re-
   evaluation request and a mechanism for a mid-point LSR to notify an
   availability of a preferred path, operate on an individual or a
   sub-group of S2L sub-LSP(s) basis only.

   This document defines RSVP-TE signaling extensions to allow an
   ingress node of a P2MP-TE LSP to request the re-evaluation of the
   entire LSP tree containing one or more S2L sub-LSPs whose paths are
   loose (or abstract) hop expanded, and for a mid-point LSR to notify
   to the ingress node that a preferable tree exists for the entire
   P2MP-TE LSP.  For re-optimizing a group of S2L sub-LSP(s) in a tree,
   an S2L sub-LSP descriptor list can be used to signal one or more S2L
   sub-LSPs in an RSVP message.  This document defines markers to
   indicate beginning and end of an S2L sub-LSP descriptor list when the
   RSVP message needs to be fragmented due to large number of S2L
   sub-LSPs in the message when performing sub-group based
   re-optimization.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rakesh Gandhi (rgandhi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 12:55:15 +0000

Hi WG,

We have made minor editorial changes and updated the Security section in
this version. 

We believe this document is ready for the WG LC.

Welcome your review comments and suggestions.

Thanks,
Rakesh and authors.

On 2015-03-09 8:45 AM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>        Title           : Extensions to Resource Reservation Protocol For
>Re-optimization of Loosely Routed Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering
>LSPs
>        Authors         : Tarek Saad
>                          Rakesh Gandhi
>                          Zafar Ali
>                          Robert H. Venator
>                          Yuji Kamite
>_______________________________________________
>Teas mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas