Subject: [Teas] status of draft-ietf-teas-te-express-path

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 09:21:02 -0400

As a co-author of draft-ietf-teas-te-express-path, I'd like to update on
its status.

Current Status:  This draft has been stable for a couple years.   It has
companion
documents in OSPF (RFC 7471 ) and ISIS (
draft-ietf-isis-te-metric-extensions-04
<http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-te-metric-extensions/>
which is in WG Last Call).

Open Items:  I don't know of any open items.  Please do read and comment!

Next Steps: I'd be happy to see this progress to WG Last Call.  I think it
is ready.

If you have a chance and interest, please do review and send comments to
the list.

Thanks,
Alia

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:18:49 -0500

Hi,

As mentioned on the mic, I think this comment got lost somewhere...

OLD:

   For link loss, the path loss is not the sum of the used links'
   losses.  Instead, the path loss percentage is 100 - (100 -
   loss_L1)*(100 - loss_L2)*...*(100 - loss_Ln), where the links along
   the path are L1 to Ln.

NEW:

   For link loss, the path loss is not the sum of the used links'
   losses.  Instead, the path loss fraction is 1 - (1 -
   loss_L1)*(1 - loss_L2)*...*(1 - loss_Ln), where the links along
   the path are L1 to Ln with loss_Li in fractions.

This also matches with http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6049#page-18 and
https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-07.html#rfc.section.4.1.3

Also, since these metrics can also be used in a network with a PCE, a
mention somewhere in the draft would be nice to have.

Thanks!

Dhruv

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 8:21 AM, Alia Atlas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Teas mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas
>
>

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:20:22 -0400

Hi Dhruv,

Yes - thanks.  That change did get lost.  I'll make it.

Alia

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Next Steps: I'd be happy to see this progress to WG Last Call.  I think
>> it is ready.
>>

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:54:13 -0400

I have submitted an updated version, draft-ietf-teas-te-express-path, with
these changes.

 http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-te-express-path/

Please let me know if there are any other suggestions.

Thanks again!
Alia