Subject: [Teas] Protocol Action: 'RSVP-TE Extensions for Associated Bidirectional LSPs' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 10:35:04 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RSVP-TE Extensions for Associated Bidirectional LSPs'
  (draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-07.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alia Atlas and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp/

Technical Summary

   This document describes Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP)
   extensions to bind two point-to-point unidirectional Label Switched
   Paths (LSPs) into an associated bidirectional LSP.  The association
   is achieved by defining new Association Types for use in ASSOCIATION
   and in Extended ASSOCIATION Objects.  One of these types enables
   independent provisioning of the associated bidirectional LSPs on both
   sides, while the other enables single sided provisioning.  The
   REVERSE_LSP Object is also defined to enable a single endpoint to
   trigger creation of the reverse LSP and to specify parameters of the
   reverse LSP in the single sided provisioning case.

Working Group Summary

  The document moved from the CCAMP to TEAS WGs as part
  of the routing WG changes. This document has been fairly
  noncontroversial.

Document Quality

  The base GMPLS protocol has been implemented. The extensions
  defined in this document are compatible with earlier implementations.
  While there have been no public statements on implementation, the
  authors are from multiple vendors and an operator, and implementation
  Is expected. The Acknowledgement section acknowledges a
  prototype implementation.

Personnel

  Deborah Brungard is the Document Shepherd
  Adrian Farrel is the Responsible Area Director