Subject: [Teas] Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-interconnected-te-info-exchange-05.txt> (Problem Statement and Architecture for Information Exchange Between Interconnected Traffic Engineered Networks) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 13:37:42 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture
and Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document:
- 'Problem Statement and Architecture for Information Exchange Between
   Interconnected Traffic Engineered Networks'
  <draft-ietf-teas-interconnected-te-info-exchange-05.txt> as Best
Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-05-10. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In Traffic Engineered (TE) systems, it is sometimes desirable to
   establish an end-to-end TE path with a set of constraints (such as
   bandwidth) across one or more network from a source to a destination.
   TE information is the data relating to nodes and TE links that is
   used in the process of selecting a TE path.  TE information is
   usually only available within a network.  We call such a zone of
   visibility of TE information a domain. An example of a domain may be
   an IGP area or an Autonomous System.

   In order to determine the potential to establish a TE path through a
   series of connected networks, it is necessary to have available a
   certain amount of TE information about each network.  This need not
   be the full set of TE information available within each network, but
   does need to express the potential of providing TE connectivity. This
   subset of TE information is called TE reachability information.

   This document sets out the problem statement for the exchange of TE
   information between interconnected TE networks in support of end-to-
   end TE path establishment and describes the best current practice
   architecture to meet this problem statement.  For reasons that are
   explained in the document, this work is limited to simple TE
   constraints and information that determine TE reachability.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-interconnected-te-info-exchange/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-interconnected-te-info-exchange/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2745/