Subject: [Teas] Protocol Action: 'Network Assigned Upstream-Label' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-teas-network-assigned-upstream-label-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 08:37:02 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Network Assigned Upstream-Label'
  (draft-ietf-teas-network-assigned-upstream-label-12.txt) as Proposed
  Standard

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-network-assigned-upstream-label/

Technical Summary

This document discusses a Generalized Multi-Protocol Label
Switching (GMPLS) Resource reSerVation Protocol with Traffic
Engineering (RSVP-TE) mechanism that enables the network
to assign an upstream label for a bidirectional LSP.  This is
useful in scenarios where a given node does not have sufficient
information to assign the correct upstream label on its own and
needs to rely on the downstream node to pick an appropriate label.

Working Group Summary

This document moved from to the TEAS WGs as part of the routing WG
changes.  This document has been fairly noncontroversial. 

Document Quality

The extensions defined in this document are compatible with known 
implementations.  While there have been no public statements on
implementation, the authors are from multiple vendors, and
implementation is expected - or may even already exist.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Lou Berger 
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard