Subject: [Teas] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo-16: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 12:08:21 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo-16: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just some editorial comments:

- There is conflicting 2119/8174 boilerplate in the front material and in §1.1.
I assume the latter is the correct boilerplate.

- The writing style makes heavy use of imbedded definitions and examples in
parenthetical phrases. I personally find that creates quite a bit of
readability friction. It would be easier to read if such things were split out
into their own sentences.

- Some of the figures have legends, but most do not. It would be very helpful
to include legends in those figures that depend on different line styles to
convey meaning. (e.g. Figure 1).

---

From: Xufeng Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 22:42:51 -0400

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the comments. We have posted an undated version
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo-17 to address
these. Please check the updated draft.

Best regards,
- Xufeng

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo/

[Xufeng]: Fixed.

> into their own sentences.

[Xufeng]: Many parenthetical phrases have been taken our of the parentheses.

> convey meaning. (e.g. Figure 1).

[Xufeng]: Legends have been Added in such situations.

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 22:51:13 -0500

Thanks for the response. None of my comments were blocking, so I will trust the authors to do the right thing.

Thanks!

Ben.

> On Jun 23, 2018, at 9:42 PM, Xufeng Liu <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Ben,
> 
> Thanks for the comments. We have posted an undated version https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-topo-17 to address these. Please check the updated draft.
> 
> Best regards,
> - Xufeng
>