Subject: [Teas] RFC 8453 on Framework for Abstraction and Control of TE Networks (ACTN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 15:27:05 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8453

        Title:      Framework for Abstraction and Control 
                    of TE Networks (ACTN) 
        Author:     D. Ceccarelli, Ed.,
                    Y. Lee
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      42
        Characters: 90463
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-actn-framework-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8453

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8453

Traffic Engineered (TE) networks have a variety of mechanisms to
facilitate the separation of the data plane and control plane.  They
also have a range of management and provisioning protocols to
configure and activate network resources.  These mechanisms represent
key technologies for enabling flexible and dynamic networking.  The
term "Traffic Engineered network" refers to a network that uses any
connection-oriented technology under the control of a distributed or
centralized control plane to support dynamic provisioning of end-to-
end connectivity.

Abstraction of network resources is a technique that can be applied
to a single network domain or across multiple domains to create a
single virtualized network that is under the control of a network
operator or the customer of the operator that actually owns the
network resources.

This document provides a framework for Abstraction and Control of TE
Networks (ACTN) to support virtual network services and connectivity
services.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC