Subject: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 09:17:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Framework for Enhanced Virtual Private Networks (VPN+) Services
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Zhenqiang Li
                          Takuya Miyasaka
                          Young Lee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn-04.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2020-01-23

Abstract:
   This document describes the framework for Enhanced Virtual Private
   Network (VPN+) service.  The purpose is to support the needs of new
   applications, particularly applications that are associated with 5G
   services, by utilizing an approach that is based on existing VPN and
   TE technologies and adds features that specific services require
   over and above traditional VPNs.

   Typically, VPN+ will be used to form the underpinning of network
   slicing, but could also be of use in its own right providing
   enhanced connectivity services between customer sites.

   It is envisaged that enhanced VPNs will be delivered using a
   combination of existing, modified, and new networking technologies.
   This document provides an overview of relevant technologies and
   identifies some areas for potential new work.

   It is not envisaged that large numbers of VPN+ instances will be
   deployed in a network and, in particular, it is not intended that
   all VPNs supported by a network will use VPN+ related techniques.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/