Subject: Re: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-yang-rsvp-16.txt authentication

From: t petch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 10:29:17 +0100

Looking at the coverage of authentication generates the following
thoughts.

The referenced  RFC2747 has HMAC MD5 as MUST  implement.  While this
algorithm does not appear in key-chain, I think that this I-D should
point out that this is no longer considered strong enough, in Security
Considerations and perhaps in the YANG description as well.

The YANG paths in Security Considerations seems to have spurious spaces

'authentication-key' would seem to me to be sensitive enough to warrant
a mention in Security Considerations as well as a nacm deny-all in the
YANG

RFC2747 talks of simplex operation with separate keys for send and
receive.  Only one key seems to be specified here so perhaps worth
spelling out that the same key is used for send and receive in this
model.

If the range for a window size is 1..64, why is it a uint32?

Probably worth a mention in the YANG description that a window of one
means no window.

'leaf retransmits ' I cannot find in the referenced RFC2747.  A section
reference (or another RFC) would help.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tarek Saad" <tsaad=[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2021 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-yang-rsvp-16.txt

> This revision includes editorial updates as well as the addition of
"Appendix A" for example instance data tree using this model.
> With these changes, the authors believe I-D is ready to progress to
WGLC.
>
> Tarek (for authors)
>
> ?On 2/19/21, 3:00 PM, "Teas on behalf of [email-masked]"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
>     A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
>     This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture
and Signaling WG of the IETF.
>
>             Title           : A YANG Data Model for Resource
Reservation Protocol (RSVP)
>             Authors         : Vishnu Pavan Beeram
>                               Tarek Saad
>                               Rakesh Gandhi
>                               Xufeng Liu
>                               Igor Bryskin
>     Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-yang-rsvp-16.txt
>     Pages           : 57
>     Date            : 2021-02-19
>