Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:28:55 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Traffic Engineering Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Protocol extensions for support of Diff-Serv-aware 
                          MPLS Traffic Engineering
	Author(s)	: F. Le Faucheur
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-02.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2002-10-24
	
This document specifies the IGP and RSVP-TE signaling extensions 
(beyond those already specified for existing MPLS Traffic 
Engineering) for support of Diff-Serv-aware MPLS Traffic Engineering 
(DS-TE). These extensions address the Requirements for DS-TE spelt 
out in [DSTE-REQ].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Francois Le Faucheur (flefauch)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:52:47 -0000

Hello,

As you know draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-01.txt used to cover both :
	- actual protocol extensions for Diff-Serv
	- description of the Russian Dolls Bandwidth Constraints model

Over the last few months, it appears that:
	- there has been no issue raised for a while with respect to
protocol extensions themselves (suggesting we may be converging there)
	- there has been/is open discussions on selection of one (or
more) Bandwidth Constrainst models.

So, in order to facilitate progress, the previous content has now been
split into two drafts:
	- draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-02.txt, which covers the
protocol extensions (and anything which is BC-model-independent)
	- draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-russian-00.txt, which covers the
"Russian Dolls" specific stuff.

We'd like to sollicit prompt feed-back on the -proto- document. If there
is still no significant issue raised with it, we should consider
requesting for WG Last Call on the -proto- document.

Cheers
 
Francois

PS: for information, below are the more significant changes from
proto-01 to proto-02:
    - remove all the specification/appendixes of Russian Dolls model
(Note that some of the text that was in the Russian Dolls section has
been kept in -proto-02 because it was actually independent of the BC
model. This includes for example some of the text on computing
"Unreserved TE-class[i]", some text on LOM,..etc.)
    - make protocol extension text completely independent of the BC
model
    - RSVP-TE extensions from Appendix into body of I-D (ie as normative
section)
    - removed CR-LDP Appendix (as per
<draft-andersson-mpls-sig-decision-01.txt>)
    - cleanup for IESG :
        * added a full IANA section 
        * split authors in "editor" +  "Contributing Authors" (our area
director rejects author list with more than 5)
        * split references into normative/informative

>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>> Sent: 25 October 2002 13:29
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-02.txt
>> 
>> 

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-02.txt".

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers