Subject: draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:52:18 -0500 (EST)

This was on the agenda for the 51st and 55th IETF, but no presentation
(I think I remeber some discussion at the 51st, but it's not in the
minutes).

Also, no discussion on the lists.

What's up with this?  Does anyone see a need to toss out 
	draft-katz-yeung-ospf-traffic-09.txt
for draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt so that non TE nodes 
don't have to be bothered with the opaque LSA?  Or
is there a grander scope to this?

If not, I'm not sure why we keep seeing this draft rev change
as an individual contribution to tewg.

Jim
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:12:35 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Traffic Engineering Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF-TE: An experimental extension to OSPF for Traffic
                          Engineering
	Author(s)	: P. Srisuresh, P. Joseph
	Filename	: draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt
	Pages		: 45
	Date		: 2002-12-9
	
This document defines OSPF-TE, an experimental traffic engineering
(TE) extension to the link-state routing protocol OSPF. New TE 
LSAs are designed to disseminate TE metrics within an autonomous 
System (AS) - intra-area as well as inter-area. An Autonomous 
System may consist of TE and non-TE nodes. Non-TE nodes are 
uneffected by the distribution of TE LSAs. A stand-alone TE Link
State Database (TE-LSDB), separate from the native OSPF LSDB, is
generated for the computation of TE circuit paths. OSPF-TE is 
also extendible to non-packet networks such as SONET/TDM and 
optical networks. A transition path is provided for those
currently using [OPQLSA-TE] and wish to adapt OSPF-TE.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-srisuresh-ospf-te-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.