Subject: Minutes and Presentations from TEWG at IETF57

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:04:45 -0400 (EDT)

They are available at wwww.pdnets.com/ietf/tewg/ietf57

thanks!

Jim

---

From: "Siva Sivabalan (msiva)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:52:25 -0400

Jim,

The correct site is www.pdnets.com/ietf/tewg/ietf57

-Siva

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:11:53 +0200

jim,

would you please rephrase:

 > Dmitri P: What new from hierarchy is crossing a region as opposed
 > to only a technology-driven interface from the hierarchy draft (??)

"Dimitri P: What's new here is the rules for crossing a region as
opposed to (as specified in the LSP hierarchy draft using the
switching capability field of the ISC descriptor sub-TLV) the
crossing of a technology boundary to form forwarding adjacencies
It would be worth to be expand on this."

note: i've asked this because in the case of ABR, AS's it is
clear, but for gmpls-overlay i would think that a clearer def.
for region crossing would be advisable ? this i-d mentions:

"The solution, therefore, also aims to be applicable to the GMPLS
overlay model ([GMPLS-OVERLAY]), where the client requesting the
LSP setup would belong to a region different from the core network
region."

Taking the following example is the boundary at the Edge_Node, the
Core_Node (or both) or at the Edge-to-Core boundary ?

Edge_Node --- Core_Node --- ... --- Core_Node --- Edge_Node

as notice in gmpls-overlay which refers to the lsp-hierarchy i-d
the former is assumed (since using the "technology boundary"
between the Edge and the Core node) thus should i infer here
that it refers to the Core_Node here (it seems to be the case,
from explanations received offline)? but clarifications wouldn't
hurt anyway

thanks,
- dimitri.

-- 
Papadimitriou Dimitri
E-mail : [email-masked]
Private: http://www.rc.bel.alcatel.be/~papadimd/index.html
E-mail : [email-masked]
Public : http://psg.com/~dpapadimitriou/
Address: Fr. Wellesplein 1, B-2018 Antwerpen, Belgium
Phone  : +32 3 240-8491

---

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:30:47 -0400 (EDT)

that should be www.pdnets.com/ietf/tewg/ietf57
(had an extra w in there)
Also, it was pointed out that Kireeti's presentation is not
in there so this directory will be updated in the next day
or so (then they all will be posted to IETF proceedings).

thanks.

Jim

---

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:11:40 -0400 (EDT)

It's a wrap - all presentations are up there (and I changed Dimitri's 
comment in the minutes).

Thanks!

Jim