Subject: IETF 58 TEWG followup

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 00:31:25 -0500 (EST)

These items are mentioned in the minutes, and deserve list followup.

Inter-AS will be resubmitted w/ changes, then it is felt that it is ready 
for the WG last call. CCAMP chairs will notify their group that this is 
coming, they are intersted in trying to get this and Inter-area around the 
same time.

I'm respinning interarea req's draft, seeking provider input and feedback, 
that will be turned around in the next 4 weeks.  

The measurement draft was discussed on the list.  I know that there are a 
few close to this draft that would like to see it proceed, but there does 
not appear to be the general support for that, so we will not deliver on 
that as a WG.

Also - as soon as inter-AS and inter-area progress, TEWG will close out.

We've accomplished a lot, but when your plate is nearly clean, some times 
its best not to fill it back up.  If there's truly the need, it would 
likely be best to use a BOF to get the effort properly focussed and 
supported.

Thanks!

Jim

---

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 01:24:36 +0100

So based on this:

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim Boyle [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: zaterdag 22 november 2003 6:31
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: IETF 58 TEWG followup
> 
> 
... snip ..

> not appear to be the general support for that, so we will not deliver on 
I have marked the document as dead in ID-tracker.

Bert