Subject: Re: [therightkey] LC comments on draft-laurie-pki-sunlight-05 - "acceptable root certificates" ?

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:44:43 -0800

<snip>

 >>> 3.1. Log Entries
 >>>
 >>>    Anyone can submit a certificate to any log.  In order to enable
 >>>    attribution of each logged certificate to its issuer, the log SHALL
 >>>    publish a list of acceptable root certificates (this list might
 >>>    usefully be the union of root certificates trusted by major browser
 >>>    vendors).  Each submitted certificate MUST be accompanied by all
 >>>    additional certificates required to verify the certificate chain up
 >>>    to an accepted root certificate.  The root certificate itself MAY be
 >>>    omitted from this list.

a question I neglected to add here is: how do log services publish their lists 
of "acceptable root certificates" ?

=JeffH

---

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 10:52:54 +0000

On 22 January 2013 21:44, =JeffH <[email-masked]> wrote:
> a question I neglected to add here is: how do log services publish their
> lists of "acceptable root certificates" ?

In the next version there's a URL for it.