Subject: [TICTOC] Combinations of protocols

From: "Jeremy Bennington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:37:30 -0700

> Stewart wrote:
> Deciding on the default time transfer mechanism is one of the first
tasks that tictoc would have to 
> undertake, and the answer is by no means obvious.

I agree the answer is not completely obvious or consistent across the
network.  

In the current draft of tictocmod we have a model for frequency and time
acquisition.  These functions may be related so there could be several
combinations for us to consider:

NTP with a Stratum 1 traceable frequency present (SyncE (G.8261), SDH,
etc.)
1588 with a Stratum 1 traceable frequency present (SyncE, SDH, etc.)
NTP without 
1588 without

There may also be interworking functions.  For instance if we are just
trying to provide frequency recovery over packet then we could also
have:

SyncE to NTP
SyncE to 1588
etc.

There may also be requirements within a POP that are more strict than
over the network.  I assume that is outside the scope of tictoc?

Thanks!

-Jeremy B.

_______________________________________________
TICTOC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tictoc