Subject: [TICTOC] What products can and can not do

From: "Jeremy Bennington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 05:56:06 -0700

Products, configurations, pricing, etc. change constantly based on
market forces.  There are several Symmetricom products that support PTP
and NTP at various price points.  As well as J.211, BITS, etc.  As Dave
said there are other vendors that support multiple formats as well.  One
of the challenges we face is that various products from various vendors
perform differently with respect to NTP and PTP.  To some degree this is
differentiation, but on the other had it is confusing to a customer.  If
we can establish clearly defined operational guidelines and metrics for
specific applications then the customer and vendor can match the correct
products/pricing.  Since we do not have clearly defined operational
guidelines and metrics that the industry agrees on I think product
comparisons are premature.

-Jeremy B.

_______________________________________________
TICTOC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tictoc