Subject: [TICTOC] tictoc wg ad hoc meeting, Tues 25 Oct 2011, 1100 EDT (1500 UTC)

From: Karen O'Donoghue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:43:29 -0400

We will have an ad hoc meeting to discuss the status of several ongoing 
work items next Tuesday 25 October at 11:00 am EDT.

Below is the web information to support this meeting.

Regards,
Karen

-------------------------------------------------------
Meeting information
-------------------------------------------------------
Topic: TICTOC wg ad hoc meeting
Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Time: 11:00 am, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
Meeting Number: 929 537 763
Meeting Password: czarina

-------------------------------------------------------
To start or join the online meeting
-------------------------------------------------------
Go to 
https://isoc.webex.com/isoc/j.php?ED=169288847&UID=492193547&PW=NNmExNjRiZWI3&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D 
<https://isoc.webex.com/isoc/j.php?ED=169288847&UID=492193547&PW=NNmExNjRiZWI3&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D> 

-------------------------------------------------------
Audio conference information
-------------------------------------------------------
Call-in toll number (US/Canada): +1-408-600-3600
Global call-in numbers: 
https://isoc.webex.com/isoc/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=169288847&tollFree=0 
<https://isoc.webex.com/isoc/globalcallin.php?serviceType=MC&ED=169288847&tollFree=0> 

Access code:929 537 763

-------------------------------------------------------
For assistance
-------------------------------------------------------
1. Go to https://isoc.webex.com/isoc/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft 
Outlook), click this link:
https://isoc.webex.com/isoc/j.php?ED=169288847&UID=492193547&ICS=MS&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=8pMh-3Camc8tY301KI8ohBWTmDgLHMHLUEozTJp9vQE= 
<https://isoc.webex.com/isoc/j.php?ED=169288847&UID=492193547&ICS=MS&LD=1&RD=2&ST=1&SHA2=8pMh-3Camc8tY301KI8ohBWTmDgLHMHLUEozTJp9vQE=> 

To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF 
(Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to 
https://isoc.webex.com/isoc/systemdiagnosis.php.

http://www.webex.com

CCM:+14086003600x929537763#

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows 
audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during 
the session to be recorded. You should inform all meeting attendees 
prior to recording if you intend to record the meeting. Please note that 
any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.

---

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 23:57:22 -0400

> Below is the web information to support this meeting.

Can you send out an agenda?

Danny

---

From: Karen O'Donoghue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 00:23:16 -0400

Folks,

Here is a reminder that we will have an ad-hoc meeting of the tictoc 
working group to discuss status of work items in preparation for the 
Taipei meeting.

Possible topics include:
- PTP MIB WGLC status
- 1588 MPLS encapsulation
- security requirements draft
- cleaning up charter and milestones
- IPSec timing draft

Regards,
Karen

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	tictoc wg ad hoc meeting, Tues 25 Oct 2011, 1100 EDT (1500 UTC)
Date: 	Tue, 18 Oct 2011 15:43:29 -0400
From: 	Karen O'Donoghue <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	[email-masked]
Organization: 	ISOC
To: 	[email-masked]

Regards,
Karen

Access code:929 537 763

http://www.webex.com

---

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:01:42 -0400

Errata for RFC 5905. Section 7.4 b. needs to be fixed. The word
reduce ("reduce its polling interval") should be increase ("increase the
polling interval").

The full sentence is as follows:

   b.  For kiss code RATE, the client MUST immediately reduce its
       polling interval to that server and continue to reduce it each
       time it receives a RATE kiss code.

This should read:

b.  For kiss code RATE, the client MUST immediately increase its
       polling interval to that server and continue to increase it each
       time it receives a RATE kiss code.

The server is saying that you should ask for packets less often and not
more often.

Danny

---

From: "David L. Mills" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 17:06:11 +0000

Danny and the WG,

Agreed; that is correct..

Dave

Danny Mayer wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>ntpwg mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo/ntpwg
>  
>

---

From: Dave Hart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 21:37:34 +0000

I agree the errata is correct.

Dave Hart

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 17:06, David L. Mills <[email-masked]> wrote:
> TICTOC mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tictoc
>