Subject: [TICTOC] Enterprise Profile

From: Douglas Arnold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:07:53 -0500

I have posted a new version of the Enterprise profile for IEEE 1588.  The
only changes since last time are:

Removal of the Announce TLV.  There are two reasons for this removal.

   1. We tested implementation by several organizations at the 2015 ISPCS
   Plugfest in Beijing.  Interoperability results were good, but none of the
   implementations had the TLV.
   2. A TLV to accomplish the same goals is being developed in the IEEE
   1588 Working Group.  It would be best to wait for this so we don't end up
   with two ways to do the same thing.

Allowing Unicast Negotiation.  This was a requirement for support by one of
the organizations which actually produced an implementation.  Also, I agree
that some network operators will want this.  I also added a note that when
Delay Requests are not negotiated then the message interval will need to be
set by configuration.  This was a comment made by reviewers.

I restricted the discussion of interoperability with other profiles to the
IEEE 1588 Default profile.  There are many profiles now, and I don't want
to get into the business of cataloging them all.

Thank you to John Fletcher and Wojciech Owczarek for reviewing and
commenting on the last version.

-- 
Doug Arnold
Principal Technologist
*JTime!* Meinberg USA
+1-508-309-6268