Subject: [ietf-tls] What is the Status of Extensions to TLS?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:42:02 -0500

Back in November and December of 2000 there was debate on the mailing list
of an Internet-Draft:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
	Title		: Wireless Extensions to TLS
	Author(s)	: S. Blake-Wilson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tls-wireless-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 27-Nov-00
	
This document suggests extensions to TLS designed to make TLS more 
amenable to use within wireless environments. The extensions may be
used by TLS clients and servers. The extensions are backwards
compatible - communication is possible between TLS 1.0 clients
that support the extensions and TLS 1.0 servers that do not
support the extensions, and vice versa.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-wireless-00.txt
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It was proposed to add a general extension mechanism to TLS in general and
drop the term "wireless".  Some other extensions to TLS were suggested
during the course of the debate.

Maybe I missed something, but I haven't heard anything about this recently.
What is the current status of extensions to TLS?  Alive or not?  Consensus
reached?  Will a new I-D be issued, etc.?

Thanks.

-- maureen

Maureen Stillman
Nokia
Member of Scientific Staff             Voice: (607)273-0724 x62
Internet Commerce Enhancement  Fax: (607)275-3610
127 W. State Street                     Mobile: (607)227-2933
Ithaca, NY 14850
e-mail: [email-masked]
www.nokia.com

---
You are currently subscribed to ietf-tls as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---

From: "Simon Blake-Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:37:56 -0400

Hi Maureen,

Magnus and I are in the process of updating the draft. We should
be posting an update shortly.

Best regards. Simon

[email-masked] on 04/24/2001 11:42:02 AM

Please respond to "IETF Transport Layer Security WG"
      <[email-masked]>

To:   "IETF Transport Layer Security WG" <[email-masked]>
cc:    (bcc: Simon Blake-Wilson/Certicom)
Subject:  [ietf-tls] What is the Status of Extensions to TLS?

Thanks.

-- maureen

Maureen Stillman
Nokia

---
You are currently subscribed to ietf-tls as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]

---