Subject: [TLS] STARTTLS sendmail Errors

From: Systemadministration <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 16:00:24 +0200

Sollten Sie noch weitere Fragen haben, stehe ich Ihnen natürlich gerne 
jederzeit zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Bennek
Systemadministrator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Billhöfer Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG
Gutenstetter Strasse 20
90449 Nuremberg

phone: 	+ 49 911 65785-208
fax:    + 49 911 65785 -50
www:   	http://www.billhoefer.com
mail:   [email-masked]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello to all!

I?m new to this list, and I had a question about a lot of errors with
starttls in my log. My E-Mail communication seems not to be affected,
but it is really unattractive.

The error - messages look like these

Apr 26 17:11:52 mail2 sendmail[19576]: STARTTLS=client, start=ok
Apr 26 17:11:52 mail2 sendmail[19576]: STARTTLS=client, info: fds=9/8, err=2
Apr 26 17:11:53 mail2 sendmail[19572]: STARTTLS=write, info: fds=9/8, err=3
Apr 26 17:11:53 mail2 sendmail[19576]: STARTTLS=client, info: fds=9/8, err=2
Apr 26 17:11:53 mail2 sendmail[19576]: STARTTLS=client, info: fds=9/8, err=2
Apr 26 17:11:53 mail2 sendmail[19572]: STARTTLS=write, info: fds=9/8, err=3
Apr 26 17:11:53 mail2 sendmail[19576]: STARTTLS=client, info: fds=9/8, err=2
Apr 26 17:11:54 mail2 sendmail[19572]: STARTTLS=write, info: fds=9/8, err=3
Apr 26 17:11:54 mail2 sendmail[19576]: STARTTLS=client, info: fds=9/8, err=2
Apr 26 17:11:54 mail2 sendmail[19576]: STARTTLS=client, get_verify: 0
get_peer: 0x8194868

or like this:

May  9 14:21:32 mail2 sm-mta[7461]: STARTTLS=read, info: fds=8/3, err=2

May  9 14:26:10 mail2 sm-mta[7611]: STARTTLS=read, info: fds=8/3, err=2
May  9 14:26:10 mail2 last message repeated 125 times

The numbers behind fds will vary from time to time.

I have no idea from where it will come from - so can anyone give me a
hint about these errors?!

Many thanks

Thomas

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls