Subject: RE: [TLS] Review of draft-ietf-tls-openpgp-keys-08

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:01:33 +0300

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
> > 6) Section 4: I'd suggest merging this section (only four lines)
> >    with Section 3.1. Also, the text should apply to all ciphersuites
> >    using the RSA/DHE_DSS/DHE_RSA key exchange methods, not just
> >    those in RFC 2246. (And with this change, the text about
> >    exportable ciphersuites is no longer necessary.)
> 
> True. I'll update it.

It looks like this wasn't properly updated in -09:

   "No new cipher suites are required to use OpenPGP keys.  All
   existing cipher suites defined in [TLS] that support a compatible,
   with the key, key exchange method can be used in combination with
   OpenPGP keys."

We should remove the "defined in [TLS]" part so that OpenPGP keys
can be used with, for example, RFC4132 and RFC4162.

Best regards,
Pasi

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 19:39:30 +0200

> can be used with, for example, RFC4132 and RFC4162.

I seems I missed that. Thank you for spotting it. Should I submit a new 
version before the last call or it can wait?

regards,
Nikos